• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Permanent residents saddled with huge upfront university fees (1 Viewer)

epsilon

HSC
Btw, in the article at the beginning of this thread, the daughter said that she would have to pay upfront her HECS fees of $13,000. How's that? I thought the highest amount HECS students have to pay was about $8018 for Band 3 courses like medicine, law, etc and about $6849 for Band 2 courses like accounting, commerce, engineering, etc. Is that for half a year or 1 year?

epsilon

HSC
Then are the Band 3 fees of $8018 and Band 2 fees of $6849 for a year or a semester?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
White Rabbit said:
PRs who take out Citizenship are my inclined to remain in Australia than those who don't. Of course Australian Citizens can skip the country, but we are more inclined to remain here, as statistics have shown.

It wasn't hidden, as absolution pointed out. It is only fair, that those who are likley to say should be able to take up a defered HECS place as they are more likely to remain in Australia. Too many PRs leave at the completion of their degree, give nthing back to Australia, instead just having the Government and, in turn, Australian Tax Payers pay for their tertiary education. It's about time they did this, and if you don't like it, go back to your native country and do your tertiary education there. You already recive a Govrenment Funded place, either get Citizenship or stop complaining.
err..PR's pay tax exactly the same as Australian Tax Payers, so PR's are paying for our education too.

smallcattle

HSC
lucky for those who can get dual citizenship from their country
unlucky for ppl like me who can not get dual citizenship nor do i want to abandon my original citizenship

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
They are for a year.
It might be for a postgraduate course. Because it says up to $8000 in HECS and up to more then $10 000 for postgraduate courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)