Personal research on IQ tests (proper and otherwise)? (1 Viewer)

What's you alleged IQ??? (plz, poll seriously I'm conducting research)

• <80

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 80-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 91-100

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 101-110

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 111-120

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 121-130

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 131-140

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • 141-150

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • 151-160

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • >160

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

timmii

sporadic attendee
I'm not sure of the 7 but I know some of them are spatial intelligence, numeracy, literacy, technical/practical intelligence, and a memory for facts/trivia etc..

If you were really interested you could probably search the net.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Is that the de Bono theory your talking about? I think it is ...

macca202

i was expecting somthing over 130 cos i know im pretty smart so i trired to porove it by doing the channel 9 one which i found on the internet. i was pretty cut when i found out i got 107, im now doubting a uai of >94. i reckon i went the worst at the start where they test you on definitions of words that ive never heard before. i think understanding strange words is definetely partly cultural based aswell as social based i guess. but i find it stupid how if an older person get sthe same amount of q's correct as a younger person then the older person gets a way higher IQ. its stupid cos how the fuck is a 16 year old supposed to know which movie won the whatever award in 1963 ???? Gone with the wind i think the answer was, obviously an older person would have more clue. and older ppl would know far more words than a younger person, they would know what a "by-law" (one of the q's) etc....... i found that that test was really stupid!!!!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Yeah, well, the Channel 9 test was a joke, don't place too much empahsis on that test, its not realy a true indication of your IQ anyway ...

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by macca202
i was expecting somthing over 130 cos i know im pretty smart so i trired to porove it by doing the channel 9 one which i found on the internet. i was pretty cut when i found out i got 107, im now doubting a uai of >94. i reckon i went the worst at the start where they test you on definitions of words that ive never heard before. i think understanding strange words is definetely partly cultural based aswell as social based i guess. but i find it stupid how if an older person get sthe same amount of q's correct as a younger person then the older person gets a way higher IQ. its stupid cos how the fuck is a 16 year old supposed to know which movie won the whatever award in 1963 ???? Gone with the wind i think the answer was, obviously an older person would have more clue. and older ppl would know far more words than a younger person, they would know what a "by-law" (one of the q's) etc....... i found that that test was really stupid!!!!
Well the IQ test takes into account age. The same number of correct answers translates into different IQs depending on how old u r, and I think the younger u r, the higher ur IQ, not the converse....But I agree, still a dodgy system.

Don't worry about the UAI, if ur smart ur smart - u certainly didn't need Eddie McGuire's smirk to confirm that! perhaps just take it as a challenge to learn what a by-law etc is, becoz all the IQ test was demonstrate maybe 20 things u didn't know, rather than reflect on ur overall intelligence.

Anyway, I thought gone with the wind was 1939 not 1963...can't be sure tho.

timmii

sporadic attendee
No, the film was 1939.....but "frankly my dear, i don't give a damn" :p

hmmm totally random. More a test of my boredom and a proclivity for old films than intelligence, wouldn't u say?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
and no, the older people get the higher IQ score, not the younger. I got exactly the same amount of questions right as her and apparently (or at least according to Eddie McGuire) my mum is brighter than me simply because she is 19 years older..........

timmii

sporadic attendee
That would make sense actually....us young'uns have more recently completed/been at school where so much of the stuff (i.e arithmetic, vocab etc is taught). That is also why the teachers did so well in the channel 9 test. The IQ test basically asked of them that which they would be expected to teach their students...they are more involved in the basic skills, random facts etc, than perhaps a businessman or shop assistant.

But as teenagers....we know we're smarter than our parents anyway, no matter what eddie says :p

Jin-17

Originally posted by McLake
Yeah, well, the Channel 9 test was a joke, don't place too much empahsis on that test, its not realy a true indication of your IQ anyway ...
That show was a joke, and not really the real thing. Firstly too one dided and does not as MCLAKE says a true indication

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The smartest people were the ones who changed the channel. :p

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR11
and no, the older people get the higher IQ score, not the younger. I got exactly the same amount of questions right as her and apparently (or at least according to Eddie McGuire) my mum is brighter than me simply because she is 19 years older..........
Funny, it took an adult 19 years longer to accumulate the same amount of general knowledge... yet they are more intelligent? Maybe they would skew the value of some questions (which would be harder), so they're worth more.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by !meeee!
most of ppl in my year stopped studying just to watch it
hmmmm... not sure how that reflects on their intelligence
i had my english paper 2 trial the day after and i still watched ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)