Personality: CAESAR! ARGH! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to come up with a list so I have an idea of what they could ask on Caesar. I've got this so far (with help of trusty past papers and syllabus outline)

Early Life
Women
First Consulship
Triumvirate
Dictatorship
Gaul
Tribunes
Political Violence
Civil War
Achievements
Influence of Caesar in lifetime and beyond
Personal Background
Social Position
Family
Education
Early Career
Rise to Prominence
Factors that contributed to his ruse
Path to power
Political Career
Military Career
Relationship with Senate
Supporters and Enemies
Leadership and relation with army
Personal Relationships eg Cleopatra, Brutus
Strengths and Weaknesses of Character

Half of these sound like the same thing to me, but I still feel like crawling under a rock to die. Is everyone trying to cover it all, or doing a general overview, or doing only some parts, or what?!?!?! I feel so doomed... there's SO much to cover, and this is just a personality... :'(

Paroissien

HSC
I'm covering the major parts in detail, and the rest I'm just flicking through. For example there wouldn't be a question on strengths and weaknesses (IMHO) of character, but it will probably be tied into a larger questions, such as assess his achievements. So I concentrate on specific achievements, and just flick through strengths and weaknesses

HSC
N/A
hmm ok.

Exactly what did Caesar do? Add to the list..

- Gaul
- Civil War

and...?

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
yep I'm going over it ALL (I know there is so damn much) but it helps to jog the memory even if you don't know every single detail. Just know your dates, sources, opinions and ideas and you'll be fine! :)

matt_a

If you look at the last 3 HSC the last question is always baasically "Assess Caesar's achievements" but just rephrased. First question is usually about early career and rise to prominance. Second is usually military (eg Civil war, Gallic Wars) or maybe something focussing on his dictatorship or role in the 1st triumvirate or something.

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
i've just jotted down points on each dot point and a few quotes that relate to it.. cant risk not knowing those thinky-winky dot points. and after all they are just so small that it wont be a pain knowing those little things..

Good Luck!

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
i did my caesar notes in 3 sections
1. early life, including: class, family wives and career (not all that much in perspective)
2. gaul, just know the like 5 major battles
3. triumvirate

HSC
N/A
I'm beginning to wonder whether killing all you smart people off would be a good way to raise chances of better mark...

hahahaha just kidding... I hate studying ancient history though... my brain is FULL!!!

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
senso said:
i did my caesar notes in 3 sections
1. early life, including: class, family wives and career (not all that much in perspective)
2. gaul, just know the like 5 major battles
3. triumvirate

what about the civil war??
dont u have to know anything abt that??
i havent really done a lot on it... but they say its important.. :mad:

matt_a

I found a Caesar question that is Hell and a half.

"Referring to sources, assess Caesar's role in the civil wars"

ARRRGGGG.

Also how much interpretation and stuff do you have. There was a past question about referring to sources for his early life. So I'm assuming like Triumvirate stuff etc etc and his rise to prominance kinda thing.

The sources I have are mainly oppinions on whether he was a responsible politician and mainly to do with his dictatorship and assassination etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)