Personality question (1 Viewer)

Montana1717

HSC
"History is about winners" Odd question. How'd y'all approach it? Honestly, it took all I had to not open with 'History is NOT about winners because Leni Rifenstahl was a loser." :D I argued it wasn't because Leni proves, through the debates and such over her motivation and links to Nazism, that its how a person impacts society that is key for significance to history, not because they ended up the victor.

Or I might've written something different, I was pretty dazed by t the end of the exam. :)

Thoughts?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Talked about Speer being a winner- rise through ranks from obscurity, close friendship with Hitler, escaping the Death penalty.... and related to what means he went thru to achieve this 'success' - slave labour, demolishing of Jew flats, Final Solution blah blah blah.

A.Chair

HSC
Montana1717 said:
"History is about winners" Odd question. How'd y'all approach it? Honestly, it took all I had to not open with 'History is NOT about winners because Leni Rifenstahl was a loser." :D I argued it wasn't because Leni proves, through the debates and such over her motivation and links to Nazism, that its how a person impacts society that is key for significance to history, not because they ended up the victor.

Or I might've written something different, I was pretty dazed by t the end of the exam. :)

Thoughts?
I pretty much wrote the same. my 5 and a bit pages of writing can be summarise into 'not really'.

Lordie

HSC
I wrote about Sun Yat-Sen (Chinese guy). I disagreed, as he failed in all his uprisings, however it was his ideas that were used that make him regarded as an historic figure. So I said he wasn't a 'winner', however his ideas were what cemented his name in history.

Sounds like everyone disagreed with it. :p

HSC
really good question for trotsky so much stuff to talk about

actually russia+cw were awesome too.... great exam

HSC
i hated it for Speer. i Think i really screwed it up. lol.

i went with no, and talked about Speer's history was not based on him NOT being a winner but a skilled manipulator.

failed that bit. lol

old.skool.kid

HSC
I said Leni was a winner, because she is one of the most influencial filmakers of all time, and experienced great success producing films for nazi germany.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I argued that history shows us winners; and that winners are there through perserverance. Ie, Lenis life long strive to be seen as an artist..
blah blah blah etc etc
I did it first and wrote like 3 booklets for part b. I felt super good after that, haha

A.Chair

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I argued that history shows us winners; and that winners are there through perserverance. Ie, Lenis life long strive to be seen as an artist..
blah blah blah etc etc
I did it first and wrote like 3 booklets for part b. I felt super good after that, haha
3 booklets? did you write anything for anything else?

old.skool.kid

HSC
OMG how the fuck do are you able to write 3 booklets????
I had so much more i wanted to say but not enough time :(

jennieTalia

HSC
Montana1717 said:
"History is about winners" Odd question. How'd y'all approach it? Honestly, it took all I had to not open with 'History is NOT about winners because Leni Rifenstahl was a loser."
I argued the same way, also about Leni...

came out feeling a little ill when everyone else discussed the other way :O
Hoping I didn't read the question wrong or something (seem to have lost the exam paper already... typical)

I was also suggesting that externally Leni may have lost- in terms of being on the German side, and having her reputation tarnished, but that she was a winner in terms of her achievements in the film industry :S

I had to be careful, kept writing 'Leni' instead of 'Riefenstahl'... I sort of feel like I know her now *sheepish* =D She's awesome :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
A.Chair said:
3 booklets? did you write anything for anything else?
I finished Riefenstahl in 40 minutes is the crazy part, haha.

I think I used 12 booklets all up?

A.Chair

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I finished Riefenstahl in 40 minutes is the crazy part, haha.

I think I used 12 booklets all up?
oh wow...fuck....12 booklets

its times like this that im glad that its quality -> quanity.

Unfortunately ive got neither of them.....

emille-bot

HSC
Kujah said:
Talked about Speer being a winner- rise through ranks from obscurity, close friendship with Hitler, escaping the Death penalty.... and related to what means he went thru to achieve this 'success' - slave labour, demolishing of Jew flats, Final Solution blah blah blah.
Same.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
how many pages are your booklets?
I did 4 booklets a section.. And I was given 2 eight page booklets and 2 4 page.

So, yeah.

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I did 4 booklets a section.. And I was given 2 eight page booklets and 2 4 page.

So, yeah.
you've lost me.......

or are you saying 8x 3booklets?

sonnysburning

HSC
that is an epic amount of writing!

i did Trotsky and argued that he kept failing.. so it doesn't show us winners.. it was completely unfounded and crap.. haha.. and i only used one historian.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)