Petrol Prices (1 Viewer)

crystel_angel

HSC
My friend is a chemist at shell and said that there is absolutly no reason for the price to be going up this high/so quickly.
One reason for it is stimulating the economy. What people dont realise is, the more they pay for petrol, the more those companies can afford to pay for good and wages, higher wages means the workers spend more at shops etc and then those shops/companies can pay higher wages etc. It's a variation of inflation. It's a good way of insuring money gets spread.
It is still a bitch however, which is why my boyfriend and i sold our VH commodore ($120 a week) for a nissan exa ($30 a week).....
My family has 8 cars.... we really got screwed by it.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
crystel_angel said:
My friend is a chemist at shell and said that there is absolutly no reason for the price to be going up this high/so quickly.
One reason for it is stimulating the economy. What people dont realise is, the more they pay for petrol, the more those companies can afford to pay for good and wages, higher wages means the workers spend more at shops etc and then those shops/companies can pay higher wages etc. It's a variation of inflation. It's a good way of insuring money gets spread.
It is still a bitch however, which is why my boyfriend and i sold our VH commodore ($120 a week) for a nissan exa ($30 a week).....
My family has 8 cars.... we really got screwed by it.
yeh, so the oil companies can pay their employees more, pffft....unlikely. I understand what you're saying, but thats not what will happen. Even if it did, it'd only be a minority

as it's being said everywhere, we're spending les in other places, because that money is going towards petrol. My saturday monring/sunday morning cornettos may be a thing of the past soon :(:(

crystel_angel

HSC
aparently the goverment gets the extra money not the oil companies??? or thats what my mate said anyway.
Someone was theorising that the extra money will be used to increase the salaries of national priority jobs such as nursing and teaching that they have been promising for ages.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ehhhhhhhhhh...i dont know the exactness of that

although i think i just made up a word 0_o

crystel_angel

HSC
lol i know, sounds a bit far fectched
as if our government would ever do something as scandalous as pay people proper wages

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
bowman said:
the funny thing is,
australia produces enough oil to supply it's self, we dont need american oil
so why are we going off world oil prices when we can charge whatever price we want?
an the government then taxes us on top of that.
i dont know, but i think we are getting fucked over sideways and there is jack all we can do about it
i'm 50% sure that australia doesn't have such large amounts of crude oil supplies

what we do have is natural gas and coal, that's about it

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
just paid $1.44 for BP Ultimate

exactly $50 GONE

SlipStream

HSC
Today I spent $40 to put 30L in my car.

3 years ago that would have been outrageous.

Lucky my car uses less fuel than a lawn mower, ay... ;)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
redslert said:
i'm 50% sure that australia doesn't have such large amounts of crude oil supplies

what we do have is natural gas and coal, that's about it

actually australia only uses oil that it produces it's self
bass straight is a huge oil refinery

pinoying

HSC
put $30 in my car today and got 21 Litres....
I think its time to sell the good old VL.... shes been good to me

*sheds a tear*

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
today i filled $15 PETROL AND SAVED 4 CENTS A LITRE
THAT EQUATATED TO 45C
I SAVED 45C
ITS TO THE EXTENT WHERE SAVING 45C ON PETROL IS WELL WORTH IT
dam caps lock..
neway...thats my story

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I'm so sick of people bitching and moaning about petrol prices. Here's your options:

1. Build a time machine and go back a few months, buy a fuel efficient run around instead
2. Build a time machine and go back a few months, buy an ex-taxi already converted to LPG
3. Just fucking die already, seriously... 'spose you'll then bitch about the cost of the coffin aswell you price nazi

Petrol isn't about to get any cheaper, infact petrol was never, ever, about to get any cheaper. How could that thought possibly cross your mind? It's a finite resource and will be forever appreciating in value as we consume it.

Depending on how lead footed i'm feeling i'll get anywhere between 9 and 15L's per 100km, and to tell you the truth i'm usually feeling pretty lead footed. But you know what? It's fucking worth it. Wouldn't trade my car for any other form of transport (except an R1, or a Hayabusa, hell even a lowly ninja + the skill to be able to ride any of those and not end up as pavement decoration while seeing the fun side of 300kph).

SlipStream

HSC
minushuman said:
Petrol isn't about to get any cheaper, infact petrol was never, ever, about to get any cheaper. How could that thought possibly cross your mind?
Firstly, take a chill pill. Money makes the world tick, and anybody who doesn't like to save a penny are either unacquainted with the concept of money or are so rich that their wallet begs for mercy.

The price of oil fluctuates - it's a commodity, sure, but the price of it is affected by so many variables it isn't funny. The price of petrol WILL drop - when the US sorts out its New Orleans mess, and because the Saudis have agreed to sell their oil cheaper, and OPEC have agreed to increase oil production (decreasing oil production is one of the main reasons why it is so expensive at the moment). Also, a top economist (as 011 mentioned) has predicted the price of oil is sitting on a bubble of inflation, and it's bound to pop sooner rather than later.

Who to trust? The decision is difficult; a world respected economist, or... you? :rolleyes:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I hope it keeps increasing, personally.

It seems to be the only viable way to teach people you can't go around raping the planet and expect it to support you indefinitely, especially when viable alternatives exist.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
redslert said:

rofl, how can u be 50% sure of something, that means u have no idea,
u are just as sure that u are wrong as that u are right

its like wen the weather man goes there is a 50% chance of raind
wat a useless bloody statistic

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Yep england are up to what, 1pound per litre. That's like 2.50AUD so everyone here can shut there fucking mouths, we're getting it cheap. Also we're paying 45% excise duty + tax and shit, so petrol's only really like 60/70cents or something.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
in England you would receive such an income to enable you to reasonably handle such costs...England seems expensive to us, but when you actually live there and receive an income...its not so bad (according to my brother who lived there for 2 years)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)