Pharmacy at wagga and orange? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I wanna do pharmacy but am a little confused. At wagga wagga, last year's UAI was 96 or something and at orange it was 90.something. Does that mean wagga's better? Orange is closer to home, but if i (by a miracle) satsify the wagga requirements, should i go there instead?

Cheers. :)

kylie_robbo

Well...

I know a guy doing pharmacy at Orange, and I know a few girls doing pharmacy at Wagga, and a girl who has graduated (and another couple too come to think of it)...

If you get into Wagga, go there. You will be employed by a local pharmacy whilst doing the course... Which means that it is easier to get a job once you leave Wagga...

Wagga is seen as a better course than the one at Orange, but Orange is a smaller campus (if you like closer community-type environments...)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
wagga is where pharmacy is based i would say you will get better quality teaching at wagga, if u can get wagga do it and it ant that easy to get a job in a pharmacy here trust me. at orange u get alot of video link lectures and shit.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
oh and if u r from the hunter the diff between wagga and orange at much as im from the hunter as well

K

katie_tully

Pharmacy is now my first preference. I was going along the lines of journalism or something, but I felt that it would be more practical to apply for sectors where there is a high demand for jobs...So preferentially speaking I'm Pharmcy 1, Nursing 2, P.E teaching 3 and Science 4.
Applied for Pharmacy at Orange coz there isn't a chance in hell of me getting a UAI of 96.

kylie_robbo

crazybrad said:
wagga is where pharmacy is based i would say you will get better quality teaching at wagga, if u can get wagga do it and it ant that easy to get a job in a pharmacy here trust me. at orange u get alot of video link lectures and shit.
There is quite a few pharmacies looking for pharmacy assistants (full-time, part-time and casual) at the moment...

For getting your foot in the door it is worth it!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
they're both run by CSU, the only reason that i can think of as to why orange would have a lower uai entry requirement is the lower demand of people applying for it as it is actually a brand new course as of 2005 and perhaps people didn't know about it/didn't want to apply for something that is new or something

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
they're both run by CSU, the only reason that i can think of as to why orange would have a lower uai entry requirement is the lower demand of people applying for it as it is actually a brand new course as of 2005 and perhaps people didn't know about it/didn't want to apply for something that is new or something
from what i understand (this doesnt affect me) but people in orange got alot of video links from wagga, so its better at wagga if u like contact. they should have moved the places to wagga, ah well. CSU= best pharmacy graduates.

HSC
crazybrad said:
from what i understand (this doesnt affect me) but people in orange got alot of video links from wagga, so its better at wagga if u like contact. they should have moved the places to wagga, ah well. CSU= best pharmacy graduates.
The only reason for the 'confusion' is because CSU only just took over the Orange Campus from the University of Sydney.

HSC
I'm in Newcastle. I have Pharm Wagga at first, then Pharm Sydney, then Biomed Science at Newcastle Uni. I can probably deal with Wagga, but not Orange. Geez I hope I get the marks. I really want this for myself!

Go Pharmacy!

HSC
mybeachouse said:
I'm in Newcastle. I have Pharm Wagga at first, then Pharm Sydney, then Biomed Science at Newcastle Uni. I can probably deal with Wagga, but not Orange. Geez I hope I get the marks. I really want this for myself!

Go Pharmacy!
Whoah, same prefs as me! Crazy. I know someone who teaches biomed at newcastle and they told me not to do it coz you come out with such ambiguous qualifications. But it's good if it's like a stepping stone into pharmacy. Yay, hope you get in!

crystal_meth_au

HSC
Pharmacy in orange is EXACTLY the same as in wagga, it is the same cource, with the same bit of paper at the end.

Infact the head of the school of BioScience teaches in orange, but wagga is larger and perhaps has some better facilities

o i think i should mention that a transfer into pharmacy if your in medSci or biotech requires a Distinction average, no easy feat but you can pull it off.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Thank christ it's not the same course though, right?

Anywho, UAI on Saturday! I'm fairly confident I'm looking at a...75, after reading how they work out the UAI.

/cuts wrist.

K

katie_tully

Totally unattainable for this munchkins :)
I've decided to leave Pharm first pref, but if I don't get in, science is second pref. I'm hoping I can do a year of science and then ... swap :(

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
katie_tully said:
Totally unattainable for this munchkins :)
I've decided to leave Pharm first pref, but if I don't get in, science is second pref. I'm hoping I can do a year of science and then ... swap :(
you should do medical science then swap and u are not a year behind

K

katie_tully

Anyway, turns out I didn't get Pharmacy. Got Science in Orange.
Will stick with plan? =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)