Pharmacy - Orange or Wagga? (1 Viewer)

vogelbang19

HSC
Planning to do pharmacy @ charles sturt next year; anyone have any knowledge as to which campus is preferential? Atmosphere, Facilities, all that, personal beliefs for pro's/con's about each? thanks so much. Ben.

Royalte

Qualified Bludger
HSC
I go to Wagga n know a few people doing pharmacy and they seem to love it. The atmosphere at Wagga is great-its like you are an individual not just a number which i love. Also the campus facilities are great with a mixture of city and country people it makes everything work well.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
Wagga is far and away the best place orange is still teething

The Agent

HSC
Either place would be good, but if you want to be close to Sydney (I am assuming thats where you're coming from) then Orange should be your first preference.

The pharmacy course at Orange was a University of Sydney course until CSU took over the Orange Campus of the University of Sydney.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
if u want quality and not shit come to wagga its bigger and better than orange.

aurora_05

HSC
Crazybrad is right - Orange is still teething. They still do their actual pharmacy classes via video-conferencing from Wagga. Other subjects (chem, microbiology, etc.) are studied internally though.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i still think its a joke that they didnt put all the spots at wagga, it doesnt work well between two campuses

SmileyCam

HSC
Yeah, I've been in Wagga a year now doing pharmacy, and it's already clear that it would suck to do it in Orange, do it in Wagga if you can

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh whoa that was helpful xD
lmao i`ll remember that if i make it into CSU.

Matt Samson

HSC
candybink said:
Damn, i was really proud of myself getting into orange, now im scared its not going to be tht great...
Doesn't matter. You can always transfer to Wagga after your first year if you want.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
Doesn't matter. You can always transfer to Wagga after your first year if you want.
What sort of grade are we talking about if we want transfer, Distinction average? I thought that CSU does the assessment without scaling and for D or HD, you virtually have to ace everything in a subject.

Matt Samson

HSC
sydneyphoenix said:
What sort of grade are we talking about if we want transfer, Distinction average? I thought that CSU does the assessment without scaling and for D or HD, you virtually have to ace everything in a subject.
Credit average. You don't have to do another UAC course application for an internal course transfer at CSU, you fill out an internal course transfer form and it happens within a week or two.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i would say that it could be difficult to transfer to wagga from orange as they are always trying to ditch wagga ppl to orange

Pumbaa

rmaste02
HSC
As a student of orange campus I wouldn't say that it was that bad! Despite the posts from a select few of the wagga students which lead everyone to believe that we just sit and look at a projector screen we do actually have lecturers for the majority of our subjects now.
We also have newer labs than wagga does (much newer) and arguably with the smaller student numbers in each class we have better student-to-lecturer relationships than the students of wagga campus.
If you start at Orange and then decide it's not for you then you are free to transfer to wagga if you wish - there are normally no problems what so ever in transferring as long as you achieve a credit average.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

k, a year and a half too late.

i wonder if the OP actually got in.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I believe you need distinction average to have a good chance of transfer, as there are people from other degrees going for transfer which makes it highly competitive.

gingerkid

HSC
katie_tully said:
k, a year and a half too late.

i wonder if the OP actually got in.
Yeah, he got into Orange and seems to love it, as do most of the people that go there. Last year only one person tried to transfer to Wagga from Orange (personal reasons, nothing to do with orange), and a few tried to transfer to Syd (Some people can't stand being away from Sydney - wankers).

All this Orange bashing is only coming from Wagga people that don't actually know anything about Orange. There is a bit of a rivalry between the two campuses, but I would say they are both fairly equal. In the beginning Orange had a few video lectures to compensate for the lack of lecturers, but now we are fully set up with a full set of lecturers.

I love Orange, and would recommend it to anyone. We are a bit smaller than Wagga, but you make great friends really quickly and it is a really great enviroment to spend 4 years.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)