pharmacy question (1 Viewer)

google88

hey guys i recently finished my HSC...got 96.15

last yrs cutoff for pharmacy was 97.05

i got 158 for STAT

is there any chance i can get in? OR anyway to end up with pharmacy?

iif i dont get in2 it...i'll most likely be doing engineering/med science or science but can i transfer from here?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
well i read up and it said the entry requirement was just STAT score based.

btw are you sure youd like to do eng/med sci? thats a long course

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i got this off the usyd website:

Entry into the Bachelor of Pharmacy is competitive and based on a combination of the following:

Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT). The STAT - which was designed by the Australian Council of Educational Research to assess verbal and quantitative reasoning skills - is administered by the UAC. As a guide, a minimum overall score of 149/200 has been required in recent years. It is important to register and sit the STAT as soon as possible and certainly before early December. Details about the STAT, including registration information, are available in the UAC Guide.

NSW HSC Universities Admission Index (UAI) or equivalent or a tertiary studies record. The UAI required for entry may vary from year to year but is expected to be above 90 for entry in 2005. A superior performance in at least one year of full-time tertiary study is usually expected from applicants with a tertiary record. As an indication, the standard required for a HECS place in 2004 was a minimum of a distinction average. The UAI will not be considered if a tertiary record for one or more years of full-time tertiary study is available.

dafidav

HSC
the pharmcay department at sydney has added 77 more hecs places for 2005, so maybe the cutoff may drop down

so yes there is still a chance for you

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
google88 said:
hey guys i recently finished my HSC...got 96.15

last yrs cutoff for pharmacy was 97.05

i got 158 for STAT

is there any chance i can get in? OR anyway to end up with pharmacy?

iif i dont get in2 it...i'll most likely be doing engineering/med science or science but can i transfer from here?

good lord! 97.05? When i finished my hsc in the good ole days (02') pharm was 94
hmm.. but then you can probably get in with a uai just under 97 .

google88

ok what if i decided to pay the fees
would i get in for sure?

and if so could i pay for one year and change back to HECS in second year?

dafidav

HSC
if u go full fee paying, i think the cutoff is about 5points lower than hecs cutoff

fluff

HSC
I heard about the extra 77 spots being added, but my uai was only 95... with a stat score of 171. Anyone think it's worth putting down as a preference?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
it is always worth putting something as a preference, because you never know what cutoffs will do. It is especially worth it this year because of all the new places being offerred. If it were me, i would put it as a preference definately.

fluff

HSC
ok, thanks ^.^
i just thought the difference of 2 uai points may have been a little big, even with the additional spots

rnb_master

HSC
do u think a STAT score of 156 and UAI of 98 will guarantee me a place in pharmacy.. im worried about my STAT score

froglenn

HSC
N/A
i only got 97.2, hopefully i can just manage to sneak in with the extra places.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
hello dears,
(im currently doing pharm)

no need to worry about how high your stat score is, as long as it's >150, youre considered EQUALLY (theres no dif in your chances whether you stat score is 199 or 151)

hehe maybe i'll see you all at the pharm tent on open day

google88

i went to the info day at Usyd and at the lecture the guy said this yrs predictions for hecs cutoff would be around 90-93

does anyone know the reasons for the drop?

thebach

HSC
The professor at syd uni said as long as your stat score is 148 and above your safe but if u get less than that well you wont get a place no matter what your uai is.

rnb_master

HSC
yeah the UAI is goin down due to the additional 77 HECS places for 2005. since the supply of places has increased, demand will go down causing the UAI to drop as this is an indication of demand

fluff

HSC
hey guys.. i'm really freaking out. coz i never considered pharmacy BEFORE i started to submit my preferences the first time around, (and the choice to select the form or something.. never came back again)... did all you guys have to put in an extra form or something outside of just doing UAC prefereces online?! :eek:

urgh somebody help me!

google88

um...no i dont think theres any other form other than online preferences

are you talking about the STAT test?

fluff

HSC
yeah STAT test... i presumed the university would know our results and so on, but i managed somehow to forget the supplementary form A 0.o
oh dear... *dashes off to UAC to see what can be done*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)