Pharmacy @ USYD, cutoff? (1 Viewer)

memories

HSC
Just because I'm curious, could those who recieved and offer for pharmacy in USYD this year post their UAI's? (and STAT scores if you feel like it) I was just wondering what the cutoff was for this year. (To see if it dropped by alot?) :p

Thanks

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
memories said:
Just because I'm curious, could those who recieved and offer for pharmacy in USYD this year post their UAI's? (and STAT scores if you feel like it) I was just wondering what the cutoff was for this year. (To see if it dropped by alot?) :p

Thanks
congratz if u got an offer!!! i'm curious as well...
UAI: 97.45
STAT: 162 (overall) < not that flashy but hey I passed!

;)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I applied as a NRSL student with tertiary academic record. Thus a transfer case, but will chip in for the sake of meaningful statistics

GPA: 6.25 -> converted into selection rank TER 97
STAT: Numeracy-200/200, Literacy-172/200, Overall-179/200

I suspect that the cut-off fell quite a bit, possibly to 93~94. The collapse of CSU Pharmacy cut-off doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

Last edited:

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
heyz!

Uai: 96.00
Stat: 159 found out i had to do it a week before the test lol

my estimate is that the cut off was bout 95.50-95.90ish for CSP offers i dont know of anybody under my uai that got a csp offer, and thats what the dude at usyd said on open day anyway that they expect about that much. there was also upward pressure from them removing the B Pharmacy(rural) course hence increased demand might have raised the cut off from 95.15-->95.80

btw

sydneyphoenix said:
I applied as a NRSL student with tertiary academic record. Thus a transfer case, but will chip in for the sake of meaningful statistics

GPA: 6.25 -> converted into selection rank TER 97
STAT: Numeracy-200/200, Literary-172/200, Overall-179/200

I suspect that the cut-off fell quite a bit, possibly to 93~94. The collapse of CSU Pharmacy cut-off doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.
congrats!, u kicked ass!

I got into CSP Pharmacy. lookin forward to seein everyone der.:D what bout DFEE whats the cut off typically for that?

Last edited:

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
anonymus2003 said:
my estimate is that the cut off was bout 95.50-95.90ish for CSP offers i dont know of anybody under my uai that got a csp offer, and thats what the dude at usyd said on open day anyway that they expect about that much. there was also upward pressure from them removing the B Pharmacy(rural) course hence increased demand might have raised the cut off from 95.15-->95.80
Thank you Anonymus!

Actually there is no net change in Pharmacy places as a result of the removal of B.Pharm (Rural). The places from B.Pharm (Rural) has been simply absorbed into standard B.Pharm. There is a facilitated pathway for certain number of rural background to gain B.Pharm admission, with hope that some of them will return to their rural town/community upon the graduation for Pharmacy Practice.

As for DFEE cut-off, while it doesn't seem to be officially published and released, I heard that NRSL ranking for 2007 entry was 4 points lower for DFEE places in comparison to CSP places. May not vary as much for standard entry, of course.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
actually i know of someone who got 93.35 who got into CSP as well , so its dropped quite a lot lol. another one of my friends who got 92.95 didnt make it in , so its probably between those two scores somewhere lol. :)

yeah im doing pharmacy as well ^^

485h324s

HSC
N/A
pharmacy csp=93, dfee=89

probably went down due to the fact that a LOT of people forgot to mention that they did STAT.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
what are units of study? i dont get it, i dont know what to do

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
485h324s said:
pharmacy csp=93, dfee=89

probably went down due to the fact that a LOT of people forgot to mention that they did STAT.
oh where'd you find that ?

485h324s

HSC
N/A
friend asked while he called up uac complaining about stat

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
485h324s said:
pharmacy csp=93, dfee=89

i wish people wud do that for the UMAT as well maybe i wudve had a chance at medicine LOL...any how..hahahz i was almost one of the people who forgot bout the STAT, i had to call up UAC/USYD and get them to add my STAT details, luckily my uncle reminded me on the 4th at 12AM that i was meant to add that..so yea...even the womans like chill boy...dont hyperventilate its aiite lol...now i can finally say phew! yea...i think that cud be a plausible reason why the cut off is lower this year, unless the lower uais got in wit some kinda EAS or broadway benifit.

sydneyphoenix said:
The places from B.Pharm (Rural) has been simply absorbed into standard B.Pharm. There is a facilitated pathway for certain number of rural background to gain B.Pharm admission, with hope that some of them will return to their rural town/community upon the graduation for Pharmacy Practice.
so how many seats are there for B Pharmacy this year?, i think it was 200 for B pharm + 100 odd for Pharmacy(rural) from previous years...= 300 places?

485h324s said:
what are units of study? i dont get it, i dont know what to do
I think due to the change in curriculum, the subject choices are no longer there, u can see in the handbook page 14 that first year has to do

1. BIOL1003 btw whys it say recommended to take BIOL1001 and BIOL1901 wit dis..wat the hell is dat? (although this says summer main..so unsure here guys)
2. Chem1611
3. PHAR1811
4. PHAR1812

btw i noticed some of them say "N: Prohibition" what does that mean?..and they have all these subject numbers on it what does that mean?

Last edited:

485h324s

HSC
N/A
anonymus2003 said:
i wish people wud do that for the UMAT as well maybe i wudve had a chance at medicine LOL...any how..hahahz i was almost one of the people who forgot bout the STAT, i had to call up UAC/USYD and get them to add my STAT details, luckily my uncle reminded me on the 4th at 12AM that i was meant to add that..so yea...even the womans like chill boy...dont hyperventilate its aiite lol...now i can finally say phew! yea...i think that cud be a plausible reason why the cut off is lower this year, unless the lower uais got in wit some kinda EAS or broadway benifit.

so how many seats are there for B Pharmacy this year?, i think it was 200 for B pharm + 100 odd for Pharmacy(rural) from previous years...= 300 places?

I think due to the change in curriculum, the subject choices are no longer there, u can see in the handbook page 14 that first year has to do

1. BIOL1003 btw whys it say recommended to take BIOL1001 and BIOL1901 wit dis..wat the hell is dat? (although this says summer main..so unsure here guys)
2. Chem1611
3. PHAR1811
4. PHAR1812

btw i noticed some of them say "N: Prohibition" what does that mean?..and they have all these subject numbers on it what does that mean?

so does this mean, we have no choice in the units of study?

memories

HSC
And some of them say "Students must have special permission from the Faculty of Pharmacy to enrol in this Unit of Study." What happens if you can't get permission? :S Wouldn't you not have enough units then, seeing as you have to do every unit listed to get the minimum 192 credit points required? 0.o;;

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
i think the permission is needed to confirm that u did HSC chemistry since its assumed knowledge, say if u wana do Chem1611 etc..i think thats what it might be for..i dont see why else they wud need to give permission, if u cant i think they suggest u do a bridging course to get u up to speed. i spoke to a fewpeople who got into pharmacy last year, their handbook is different from ours and their course structure is also quite different, they said ours was better in the way that its more specific to pharmacy, their course was a lot more generalized.

so i dont think we have much choice in terms of units of study since there are only 4 there and u have to have 4, or else we wudve seen more of them in the handbook.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Stat: 159 found out i had to do it a week before the test lol
Why would it make a difference if you found out only a week before?, isn't the stat test supposed to be an evaluation of your general ability?

44Ronin

HSC
Why is the cut-off that high?

Is it because they teach you how not to kill people?:eek:

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
44Ronin said:
Why is the cut-off that high?

Is it because they teach you how not to kill people?:eek:
We can only hope so lol .... i got in but i was on the lower uai end of the scale but my friend got a higher uai but lower stat score so hopefully ill do ok .. and if i dont ill transfer to another course to protect the sick people hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)