Pharmacy's and Sundays (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
I went for an interview today at a pharmacy doing front counter work and was wondering if working Sundays entitles me to penalty rates - specifically double time and a half. I know I got it the one time I did it at Shitarget so would I get it working Sundays? It would really make me want it more if that was the case - would be like getting paid for an extar shift.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i dont know about all chemists, but one of my girlfriends works in one and she does not get time and a half for sundays. apparently pharmacys have a different award. either this or her boss is dodgy

you definitley wouldnt be getting double time and a half though- that would be public holidays. this friend doesent even get paid extra for public holidays

kylie_robbo

The pharmacy award is dodgy.

Up until the 30th Dec I was a Pharmacy Assistant Trainee. So not completing that traineeship.

I think it is something like 50 cents an hour more than retail, but less than half the number of sick days or something, and in your first year there is no parental leave (one of the ladies I was working with had to use all her sick days to look after her twin girls, and then she got sick herself and had to go leave without pay).

And I hope you REALLY like standing up all day... It gets really tiresome and makes your feet really sore and smelly. Just a word of warning.

*Minka*

HSC
It doesn't matter because I didn't frigging get it. So, stuck at Target still. Fuck.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Damn pharmacies.

They always seem to prefer female workers and assistants.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)