Phbv (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I'm looking for info about PHBV poly(hydrobutyrate-velarate) or st with similar spellings. I really need its medical applications with thorough details, especially about the medical or/and surgical coatings. Other applications should be helpful.

Thanks

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
i had the same problem before, its also called biopol if that helps your research

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
- It's biodegradable, so it can be produced in huge amounts with little concern to the environment

- It is made from a renewable resource from biomass

- It is very tough, therefore it can be used in packaging of medical tools, without breaking easily by the sharp edges

- It is flexible, so it can be easily stored.

Please correct me if you find any mistakes.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Thanks a lot but all these are in my text books. I did try using the biopol search but it led to nowhere.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
SIMOOOOOOOOOOON! You're resuming your wild bludgin' days? This thread was dead like 7 months 4 days ago! I have PLA already, mind you. Go to the chain thread instead!

danz90

HSC
Do you wanna know how its manufactured etc? I've got some notes on production of it.. just yell out if u want them.

Biopol has been used in the manufacture of dissolvable medical sutures, since the polymer is biodegradable. This minimises patient discomfort, since stitch removal is not needed, and is conveniently used for internal sutures (as they cannot be accessed after the incision is closed). However, they are costly to manufacture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)