Phil Collins appreciation society (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
easy lover has to be one of the coolest songs ever
anyone else have a weird appreciation for phil like me? i only started liking him a couple of weeks back when my roommate started playing some of his songs for fun and told me to download easy lover
im hooked
anyone else?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
lol i dl easy lover also..funny as..i have to say i hated this man for a long time but recently got his hits album for a joke to a mate..and kno i cant stop listening! another day in paradise and one more night are good too..along with the typical in the air tonight..

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i have this missy elliott - work it VS phil collins - cant stop loving you mash up on my computer somewhere, it's pretty good hey

culvo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, he's not too bad. I dunno why everybody bags on him, guess he's just one of those artists that people think are cool to do so. I'm a sucker for "in the air tonight," when the drums come in, it's just so good.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Just give me one more night, one more night,.....Please gimmie one more night, oh one more night...

Phill collins is pretty cool. What are your fav songs?

culvo

HSC
N/A
Wasn't directing the bagging towards you either led-zep.

culvo

HSC
N/A
If you're asking me, then probably (including genesis days):
- In the Air Tonight
- Invisible Touch
- One More Night
- Another Day in Paradise
- Sussidio (who could forget that?)
- Easy Lover
- I Wish it Would Rain Down

A few others, can't think of them at the moment.

HSC
I heard a fair bit of Genesis and Phil Collins growing up because my parents were into them, and it always seemed really strange when I found out that other people didn't love both. Great music. Agree with all the songs mentioned, and I'll add "Two Hearts", that's another one which never fails to make me smile :)

HSC
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
some of his songs that I like :eek:

against all odds
I can't stop loving you
A groovy kind of love
easy lover
You'll be in my heart

jnr_mafia

HSC
phill collins songs are pretty good but i prefer his songs re-made or mixed into other songs by artist wit more of a hip hop culture (no offence to anyone)...great lyrics
tupac ft. phill collins - in the air tonight
Brandy & Ray J - Another day in paradise
dmx ft. phill collins - i can feel it

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
jnr_mafia said:
phill collins songs are pretty good but i prefer his songs re-made or mixed into other songs by artist wit more of a hip hop culture (no offence to anyone)...great lyrics
tupac ft. phill collins - in the air tonight
Brandy & Ray J - Another day in paradise
dmx ft. phill collins - i can feel it
bone thugs ft phil collins - home!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)