PHIL1010 Society, Self & Knowledge (1 Viewer)

HSC
Someone on BoS must do this unit of study, surely? If so, how are you going with the essay? What questions have you chosen to answer? I was tossing up between the two Hobbes questions and have finally settled on the first one. It looks easier to write 2000 words about. I have not paid much attention in the lectures and am only being to read what is required for the essay.

Oh and the Leviathan is GAY. >:\

</3 Political Philosophy.

I can't wait for this damn essay to be over and then I can move on to much nicer topics like Existentialism and Epistemology.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
yeah, i haven't looked at the questions yet.

i've been sick so I'm hoping for an extension :s or else i'm looking fwd to a few days of intense reading :(

i agree, political phil isn't the most interesting. it's so repetitive/dry.

HSC
^ Hey I hope you get better soon Ennaybur.

I've been trying to read Hobbes with much difficulty. :'(

HSC
Oh and guys, how did we all find Self yesterday? I thought it was a pleasant change from Society. But the whole Chinese bell thing was just weird.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'm considering just handing it in monday, what are the penalties in Philosophy? 2% or 5%?

HSC
Someone on WebCT said it was 2% for each day late. Don't know how reliable they are though.

Oh and what's your assignment on brogan?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Ah! Glad to know people hated this part of the course too, was beginning to think I was the only one..

I did the Hobbes state of nature question and I'm with Iheartpaulfrank's sentiments, Levitian is very gay..

Self isn't that great either...and what's with that chime? Doesn't do much imo...caroline west was wayy better..

HSC
^ Yeah I know. The bell is just WEIRD. It just brings about an awkward silence in the lecture theatre every time, imo. Self is definitely better than Society, but that's not to say it's any good either. Yesterday's lecture just went over my head. But I can't wait for the Knowledge component to start. It looks more interesting and maybe the fact that my FAVOURITE lecturer ever DBM is lecturing it, might have something to do with it. :eek::D!!

HSC
Yes we're at USYD. Luke Russell isn't one of the lecturers for this unit of study but he is our first year co-ordinator though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)