Phil137 Critical Thinking Psychology Module (1 Viewer)

Begbie4017

HSC
ok I dropped out of Phil137 last year because I am not a logical thinker.
Unfortunately I actually need to be able to think critically, so I thought I would take another crack at it.
There is a psychology module as part of this unit, has anyone done that module?
Or knows how the psychology module helps studying psychology??

If I do this unit externally I wont have access to the psychology module & Im trying to figure out which is the best way..thanks

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ok I dropped out of Phil137 last year because I am not a logical thinker.
Unfortunately I actually need to be able to think critically, so I thought I would take another crack at it.
There is a psychology module as part of this unit, has anyone done that module?
Or knows how the psychology module helps studying psychology??

If I do this unit externally I wont have access to the psychology module & Im trying to figure out which is the best way..thanks
I did PHIL137 and had known about the psych module (though i didn't enter it). The truth is, I wouldn't bother with it (unless you really want to). I think the only difference was that a couple of tuts at the end of the year were more oriented around psych discussions. It is unlikely that it would help psych that much and certainly nobody would care whether or not you had undertaken it (i.e. it wont have any consequences for your degree) later on.

Begbie4017

HSC
thanks Cyan
I sort of suck at writing psych reports & essays. I dont really have an opinion on things, I tend to go along with the experts if that makes sense?
Im quite good at memorising & regurgitating facts.

I am hoping that phil137 will help me look at things more analytically..
Did it help you in that way? maybe I wont worry about the psych module cause it is a bit of a scheduling pain for me.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
thanks Cyan
I sort of suck at writing psych reports & essays. I dont really have an opinion on things, I tend to go along with the experts if that makes sense?
Im quite good at memorising & regurgitating facts.

I am hoping that phil137 will help me look at things more analytically..
Did it help you in that way? maybe I wont worry about the psych module cause it is a bit of a scheduling pain for me.
It helped me a little - by learning about the types of fallacies that are made in reasoning. These kind of things are important but rarely taught, so in that way the unit was good.

dolbinau

HSC
Are any Psychology students taking this, this year? I'd have to inconvenience myself by changing a STAT lecture but maybe it would be good to make friends or something *shrugs*

dolbinau

HSC
I meant especially for the Critical thinking Psychology Module which opened up Tuesday 4pm :p.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
nah i'm just gonna stick with my normal phil137 tute instead of changing because otherwise i'll only have the one hour lecture on mondays which will be very tempting to skip haha.

Begbie4017

HSC
I decided to do the psych tutorial..
The new train line means I can get to after school care on time (hopefully)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)