Philosophy 2nd year (1 Viewer)

IHPF

Banned
HSC
N/A
Critical Thinking looks like my cup of tea.

historykidd

HSC
my friend Oget does this course - look him up here on boredofstudies, his username is Oget too.

HSC
I'm doing phil2644 critical theory. i looked at the reader last night and had nfi about what was happening. Hegel is a cunt :(

wikiwiki

Fear and Trembling
HSC
I was thinking about Critical Theory because it is radically different to my own axiomatic Anglo-American philosophical roots. Then I realised that even in the native French and German 'critical' philosophy makes less sense than two Chinese turdbuckets plugged into a canoe.

HSC
I picked it mostly because it fit into my timetable well :eek:

And it can crosslist for a sociology major

HSC
Stevo. said:
Arts degrees now come in 2 ply?
STOP DENIGRATING THE DIGNITY OF PROLETARIAN ARTS DEGREES BOURGEIOUS PIGFUCKER

And Enny: I am doing critical theory, not critical thinking. Different courses :eek:

wikiwiki

Fear and Trembling
HSC
Gah, if only you realised how difficult philosophy is! Really, truly, the philosophy academics at USyd are among the smartest of any department.

You don't get far in academic philosophy without a massive IQ and super creativity. It's absolutely brutal because, unlike its sister discipline mathematics, you can't make a career from minor results.

Joking about philosophy being easy is exactly like joking about advanced mathematics being easy. It just doesn't make any sense. Just because you can parse most philosophy because it is written in English doesn't mean you understand it. Baboons.

BABOONS I SAY!!!

HSC
Stevo. said:
Arts degrees now come in 2 ply?
haha...I was in Fisher Research toilets today, and someone had written "get arts degree here" with an arrow pointing to the toilet roll

Was this person u? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)