Philosophy of Mind/Happiness (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
ITT is anyone who is doing the happiness or mind essays due next week

yuk, i can't find anything on the happiness one i want to do (is happiness intrinsically good; sadistic voyeurs etc)

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
im gonna do this subject
Me too.

My Moral Psychology essay is due on the 6th May. I'm tempted to do the one on Evil but I'll have to wait until next week cos the lecturer won't be covering it till then. Otherwise I'll do the one on Motives and Reasons.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I hate the way all the lecturers and tutors and crap won't answer our questions because they're in senior courses.

gh3y.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I hate the way all the lecturers and tutors and crap won't answer our questions because they're in senior courses.

gh3y.
kekeke. ^_^

HSC
I'm doing phil happiness

Essay is done, although still needs editing.

The essay question you pixked looks like the hardest one to find source for. Pick another :)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
you've done it already? fuck :|

i'm starting mine now...wooo

- nah i was giong to but now i think i'm sticking with this one. I went to two tutes on teh same thing :s so i have an idea. although the tutor said that i coudl use the lecture as a reference (idk about that crazy idea) and that i'd only really need a couple of refs.

we'll see how it goes.

ihpf: what are the questions you get to choose from?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
LOOK, BASICALLY I JUST WANT A SITE THAT I CAN COPYPASTA WHAT I HAVE TO WRITE okkk?

this thread is now about crazy things i've come across in my travels of writing this essay

-Mill’s education at the hands of his imposing father, James Mill, fostered both intellectual development (Greek at the age of three, Latin at eight)...

HSC
Enny did you come to a happiness tute you've never been to before and make mindmaps :< And I think your hair was kinda dyed pink?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
-Mill takes intuitionism to be dangerous because it allegedly enables people to ratify their own prejudices as moral principles—in intuitionism, there is no “external standard” by which to adjudicate differing moral claims

-Inspired by Comte, Mill finds an alternative to traditional religion in the Religion of Humanity, in which an idealized humanity becomes an object of reverence and the morally useful features of traditional religion are supposedly purified and accentuated. Humanity becomes an inspiration by being placed imaginatively within the drama of human history, which has a destination or point, namely the victory of good over evil.

edit:btw silver persian, who are YOU?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Bentham raises an interesting point here:

The utility of all these arts and sciences … is exactly in proportion to the pleasure they yield. Every other species of preeminence which may be attempted to be established among them is altogether fanciful. Prejudice apart, the game of push-pin is of equal value with the arts and sciences of music and poetry. If the game of push-pin furnish more pleasure, it is more valuable than either. Everybody can play at push-pin; poetry and music are relished only by a few. The game of push-pin is always innocent: it were well could the same always be asserted of poetry. Indeed, between poetry and truth there is a natural opposition: false morals and fictitious nature. … If poetry and music deserve to be preferred before a game of push-pin, it must be because they are calculated to gratify those individuals who are most difficult to be pleased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)