Philosophy (1 Viewer)

2003HSC

you idiots! Can't you see what we believe to be reality is a lie?!?!?! We're all slaves of an intelligent machine race that uses our bodies as a power source!!!!!!!!!1one!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!

The matrix was lame.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by 2003HSC
you idiots! Can't you see what we believe to be reality is a lie?!?!?! We're all slaves of an intelligent machine race that uses our bodies as a power source!!!!!!!!!1one!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!

The matrix was lame.
yeah thats right. i always knew that... its like so true. :p

matrix? whats that?

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by lengstar
here's a question:

if a person has never heard of the word of God, yet continues to live a campassionate and benevalent lifestyle and helps other people, is he more deserving that a criminal who believes in God, yet still commits crimes only to pray for forgiveness of his sins?

and what of people who have no respect for other people, who think those that do not believe in God don't deserve to go to heaven, yet there are people who don't people in God and are much better people than those that do? who is more deserving? the stuck up elitist bitch or the humble person?
That's a tricky question. From a human perspective, i know who i'd say appears more deserving. Definitely the compassionate + humble people.

The truth is though, no-one is deserving of heaven or eternal life. Not even "saints". All have sinned and fall short (Rom 3:23). When u think about it, Jesus was humble, compassionate and helped people. He never deserved to die. But He did, in our place. It's His gracious sacrifice that makes it possible for humans to be reconciled with God.

Basically, it's not about what you do or how you act, it's who you know. And to "know" God is eternal life. (John 17:3) (know = trust)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
That's a tricky question. From a human perspective, i know who i'd say appears more deserving. Definitely the compassionate + humble people.

The truth is though, no-one is deserving of heaven or eternal life. Not even "saints". All have sinned and fall short (Rom 3:23). When u think about it, Jesus was humble, compassionate and helped people. He never deserved to die. But He did, in our place. It's His gracious sacrifice that makes it possible for humans to be reconciled with God.

Basically, it's not about what you do or how you act, it's who you know. And to "know" God is eternal life. (John 17:3) (know = trust)
there is no perfect answer to these type of questions. Such is its way, that any number of quotes would appear to sidle one character away from the other. Humans are a base of contradictions. Supposing we take the path of evidence that leads us to one side of the matter- not everybody would lean to this view, and of course new evidence would be created by these ppl who are indifference; or are they really.

Truthfully,i havent read te story in its entirity. Though, how can one human life be placed above another- in essence we are all the same; another contradiction!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I heard one once.

"You must stand to walk"

Well duh, dumbass. Now whoever thought of that! Some dude named Confucious, apparently 8)
Btw, I know that there is deeper meaning to the statement, and yes, i know who confucious is - i don't know him personally, but i know of him.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i went to the UOW discovery day.. n i went to a philosophy lecture
ooooohhhh its was so fun

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
imagine how badly you can mess each others' minds up

Iunny

and thats why I like it ;)

Asking your friends this, then twisting what they said lol most of them can't handle it

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny

Asking your friends this, then twisting what they said lol most of them can't handle it
yeah, this guy was talking to me abt. how do we know, this is real, and that is not, etc...and i told him i'll kick u b/w your legs, and then u tell me if what u felt is real. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny

I don't need philosophy for that. All you need is sharp and nimble manipulation of language.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I just had a look at this thread... a cursory view:D - so has anyone mentioned Nietzsche.. *cough* avatar *cough* - he had a huge influence on existentialism, which was one of the first philosophical viewpoints mentioned in this thread, well actually caused it to come into existence:p ... "God is dead" - there was no intent before existence hence existence came to be primary over intent which was a by-product of existence - How can we find meaning in a meaningless world - Ubermensch - we must create our own meaning by destroying old ideals or idols :D and use them as raw materials for new ideals - ones which will also, eventually, be overcome
- on a side note - what is everyone's favourite philosopher (as crass as that does sound:rolleyes: ) and for what reasons?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't have a favourite philosopher, because I prefer to delve into any philosophy and use it to form my own. Of course, I haven't done much of that in a while :p

Iunny

^^^ me too, I use my own and my own little petty intelligence. However, I've already decided to sneak into philosophy lectures in Uni when I start Uni that is :D

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ChangingPants
--Could God make an ocean so deep that even HE would drown in it?
--Could God build a prison so strong that even HE could not break free?
1. God is not a physical being, but rather a spiritual one:. he cannot drown and plus he is immoprtal
2. No. He would have the key if he himself built it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)