phone/mp3/camera (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
im thinking of the sony ericson k750i, but i know the new 'walkman' phone is just like it yet with 512mb of external memory opposed to the 64mb ill be getting. its just that, the one i like is so much BETTER LOOKING.

so what im thinkin of, is getting the phone i like and buying a new sony memory stick on ebay or something. like a 1g one.

is this a good idea? or is it stupid and not economical?
i just HATE the look of that other phone....

ahh what do i do?!?!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'm with Orange which is now 3 and they're offering low cost plans for those phones.

I'm now getting LG 8360, $14 per month for 12 months :D. In total $168.

It's either that or the $10 plan for 24 months, which costs $240. so yer

EDIT:
Oh yeh and i'll also be getting a 256MB transflash card from here for $59.
Just wondering tho, does the electronic "giants" like harvey norman or dick smith sell them and are they cheaper?

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have the Sony Ericsson Walkman w800i:
512meg sd card, 16meg internal, 2 megapixels camera, mp3 player (not wma, annoyingly - but conversion software exists), FM radio, sound recorder, video capture, mp3's can be used as ringtones obviously, super strong dual-LED torch, wireless, bluetooth, web...

¬_¬

HSC
I also have the w800i and I hate it. Hate the interface. But the camera is really really good quality with the autofocus and flash. The Windows software is also a pain in the butt to use.

I prefer to use my D600. The camera may not be so good, the mp3 may not have so much bass (but is much nicer to listen to overall), the headphones aren't so good (compared to the w800i's Sony inearphones!)... but it's a lot nicer to use on the whole, looks better too imo.

¬_¬

HSC
AntiHyper said:
Oh yeh and i'll also be getting a 256MB transflash card from here for $59.
Just wondering tho, does the electronic "giants" like harvey norman or dick smith sell them and are they cheaper?
Strathfield Car Radios is advertising Sandisk Transflash/MicroSD for $64 for 512mb or $38 for 256mb. Unfortunately the store I visited in the city was sold out and only had normal size Sandisk SDs (so I bought a 256mb for my camera for $35).

pig_93

HSC
so what is the best phone on the market at the moment with GOOD mp3 (good capacity n sound), AND good camera quality

WHY does everyone hate the new sony ericson?
is the 750 better? (even though slightly older?)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I like the new sony ericsson. I think that other user isn't aware of how to change it's features (use the equalizer, mate. Plug new headphones in., buy a card reader so you don't use the software*). As for its interface, it's the same as the old ones, and the same one quite a few Nokie phones have.

*card readers are a good investment in general, so don't see it as something you need to buy solely for the w800i. They're cheap, too.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I just got my 3 phone yesterday (LG u8360) and started playing round with it.

It's got 16MB internal memory and fitted 4 songs to it at the moment. The sound quality is the same as how my computer plays them.

Since currently the transflash card is being ordered in since the stocker is out of stock :S wtf! Well i've put in $10 deposit for it.. so meh only $49 to pay to go (256MB card for $59 - so it should fit in 50 songs at least).

The GUI is very nice, i'm a nokia person and got acquainted with this phone instantly. New aspects compared to previous nokias, animated .GIFs can really work on this phone, camera can take up to 1280 x 960 resolution pictures (it's also in a swivel thingo) and the ear/mouth pieces are up to iPod standards.

And! guess what.. all this for only ultimately $227 + electricity recharging costs and maybe another phone to pollute the environment with healthy radio waves.

coolkoombaya

HSC
well if u like the k750i better, get that then, the w800i costs more, cos it has a bigger memory stick. its cheaper to get the memory stick elsewhere anyway, just stick that in the k750i, and its aobut the same as a w800i. you can even flash the k750i to w800i firmware as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)