• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Photographs for college apps (1 Viewer)

dindiqotu

HSC
Hey guys - I've got a few questions about the photos the colleges ask us to include in our applications!
Basically, they all ask for between 2-4 "passport-sized photographs."
1. should they be "passport" photos - i.e. the ones you get at the photo shop, in the booth, for a passport? Or should they be cropped everyday photos (obviously presentable)? This doesn't seem to be the case with one college, which asks for two photos, originals only.
2. Also, are they four of the same? If they are passport photos, this would be like when you get a sheet of several copies of the same photo. Otherwise, are they four different photos - different angles?

None of the applications give any indication of what kinds of photo they actually want, and it's really frustrating!
Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

xx Anna.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
post ur pics here ;)

Imo, when they ask for passport sized photographs they want portrait shots of your photo and they should specifically be from a certain angle and distance- front on, chin up and staring straight into the camera. You can take them at home anyway. Your safest option is to get one done rather than cropping a photo.. and that would probably be 4 of the same photo i think

dindiqotu

HSC
That's excellent!! I'll run into town to get some done tomorrow - hah but i'm not sure they'll be spiffy enough to post on here, tho :p

Thank you *so* much for your help!

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
nws :) im not completely sure but they may use those photos for your ID.. unless someone wants to correct me lol

izzy88

HSC
nws :) im not completely sure but they may use those photos for your ID.. unless someone wants to correct me lol
there is no form of college id - so photos don't get used there. I'm not sure about other colleges, but Women's has a 'stalker' board where photos of every student gets put on a board so you can see who everyone is - however every new student gets a photo taken in o-week - so generally those photos are used for the board rather than the ones submitted with the application. The other place a photo is used (although they use the o-week one in preference to application one) is as photos on your USU access card.

The application photos are generally used in internally - put in lists for RAs, principal etc and are replaced with the o-week photos.

My application photo was taken the morning i submitted the applications, in the kitchen, on a digital camera (it was pretty horrible) :p yes they also mean four identical ones :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)