Photoshop Text (1 Viewer)

Agent Z

HSC
Im using Photoshop 6.0 and it works just fine except for one thing: text.

Whenever I try and print something with text on it, the text comes out really really blurry so the image doesnt look all that fly...does anyone know how to change this so the text comes out of the printer as it does with something like word??

Winston

HSC
there's a feature in PS where you can adjust it, based on the Smoothness, Sharpness, in PS 7 i got here next to the font's PTs the size it has Smooth, Sharp, Crisp, None

i think choosing none will help u out

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Hey another question about text in PS:

In fireworks you can fit text to a path about as easily as drawing the path that you want the text to follow and then combining them...
Is there a photoshop equivalent? (I dont want to warp it either. I want it to follow a path.)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Fosweb
Hey another question about text in PS:

In fireworks you can fit text to a path about as easily as drawing the path that you want the text to follow and then combining them...
Is there a photoshop equivalent? (I dont want to warp it either. I want it to follow a path.)
I don't get what you mean could you show an example :S... im not 100% pro at PS but i have been playing around with it, but not good with the terminology lol

Huy

HSC
N/A
Adobe Photoshop CS

Top ten new features
Text on a path
Create eye-catching typography by placing text on paths or within shapes. Edit the text at any time, even in Adobe Illustrator software.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/newfeatures.html
Originally posted by Winston
I don't get what you mean could you show an example :S... im not 100% pro at PS but i have been playing around with it, but not good with the terminology lol
Text is normally in a straight line, following a linear path.

Fosweb wants to manipulate this.

Eg a "wave" - text will then wrap to the wave, curving as needed, but not warping (twisted or changing, the size remains the same)

That is, Fosweb will set a shape or path to follow, he will then enter text, and have the text 'follow' the path (instead of going over the path, overlapping, etc, the text actually "goes with" the shape).

Make a circle, and the text will form/follow the circumference (for example).

Make a loop and the text will loop, corresponding to the path drawn.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
I don't think CS is made available yet, the most recent still available is 7.0, so i duno if that link will make any relevance to 7.0

Huy

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Winston

HSC
well its easy to do

u just type ur text

highlight it

see that little button right at the top that has the letter "T" a little warped curved arc yeah that should help ya :)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
I said above I 'didnt' want to 'warp' it... Photoshop warping is crap and has no control over text.

Looks like its Photoshop 8 for me. Is there a student version yet?

Winston: this is what i meant: (attached)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Fosweb
I said above I 'didnt' want to 'warp' it... Photoshop warping is crap and has no control over text.

Looks like its Photoshop 8 for me. Is there a student version yet?

Winston: this is what i meant: (attached)
Oh ok sorry.. eep! :p.. blame Huy he confirmed that's what u wanted lol! *looks around, runs!*

Huy

HSC
N/A
Oh ok sorry.. eep! :p.. blame Huy he confirmed that's what u wanted lol! *looks around, runs!*
LOL as if!
Originally posted by Huy
Fosweb wants to manipulate this.

Eg a "wave" - text will then wrap to the wave, curving as needed, but not warping (twisted or changing, the size remains the same)
Looks like somebody didn't read my post ;) :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
LOL as if!

Looks like somebody didn't read my post ;) :p
eep! *runs off*, psssh lol good copying and pasting skills Huy! ;) u don't f00l me :D:D :rolleyes:

Huy

HSC
N/A
eep! *runs off*, psssh lol good copying and pasting skills Huy! ;) u don't f00l me :D:D :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Agent Z

HSC
there's a feature in PS where you can adjust it, based on the Smoothness, Sharpness, in PS 7 i got here next to the font's PTs the size it has Smooth, Sharp, Crisp, None

i think choosing none will help u out
nah i thought that was the problem too, but if you select 'none' and then print it makes it even worse than if it was printed at smooth!! Try it out yourself and see!! Any other suggestions?!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
lol ur, the mod- edit his post immediatly. ;) :D
The roles could easily be reversed in the future. I might edit your posts! :cool: :uhoh:

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)