Phuong Ngo didn't receive a fair trial. (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

http://home.iprimus.com.au/dna_info/phreephuong/

This is bull shit. Wheres the fucking evidence.

the police and authorities? bullied witnesses into potentially lying?

how is he part of a joint enterprise or whatever in the murder - when they dont even know who killled mr newman?

because police are lazy and dont do a good job, we have actual murderers running around in society and the authorities or government or whatever frame a innnocent business man.

This is injustice.

This is pathetic. The police should be in jail not mr ngo.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

dont just read about it...reply.

dont u think its rather unfair that they let the murderers offff? and then still try and say he is guilty?

alot of the evidence appears to be bs, and probably based on racism.

anyone have any opinions?

tattoodguy

lol - my interest in the case lol

i always thought since he was found guilty it was unfair and unjust.

they couldnt prove who actually killed newman, but they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that mr ngo organised it?

There is alot of the puzzle that is misssing, and the police or whoever appears to have intimidated witnesses - they locked people up to put pressure on them into testifying against mr ngo.

You dont think its unfair?

maybe he is guilty, i dont know, but their isnt enuff evidence to say he is guilty - its just totally unfair and unreasonable.

There is alot of other motives etc, like he did pisss of alot of vietnamese gangsters etc in cabra?

But yeah if they killed him - thats tooo bad, he wanted to start trouble, he paid the price. i recon he brought it on himself.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:

This is bull shit. Wheres the fucking evidence.

the police and authorities? bullied witnesses into potentially lying?

how is he part of a joint enterprise or whatever in the murder - when they dont even know who killled mr newman?

because police are lazy and dont do a good job, we have actual murderers running around in society and the authorities or government or whatever frame a innnocent business man.

This is injustice.

This is pathetic. The police should be in jail not mr ngo.

I prefer this explanation:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/nsw/supreme_ct/2000/964.html

Jonathan A

HSC
7. The media generated racial prejudice

The racial stereotyping of Phuong helped secure his wrongful conviction. One juror from the second trial (which could not agree) said many jurors showed racial prejudice. Descriptions of Phuong as a "Cabramatta Overlord" and an "Asian crime boss" or with "ethnic gang connections" who presided over the "legal gambling palace" of the Mekong Club were unwarranted and damaging. There has never been any evidence of his involvement with drugs, and few non-Asian high profile community figures would be vilified in this way. The Easter 2002 beat-up of Phuong's supposed corrupt influence in the 'Jailhouse Wok', or a 'banquet' in jail at Lunar New Year, is further evidence of the difficulty in a high profile Asian-Australian getting a basic fair go.

How do you agree with this tattooday? I would have thought given your racist remarks, that this would not fit in with your ideal. Just another campaign to put crap on police.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Dont worry, Schapelle will be freed!!

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Phuong Ngo should be given a fair go. The balance is beyond reasonable doubt not balance of probabilities. This looks like that they had to find someone to blame and so they blamed because it was political.

karpov

HSC
N/A
John Newman was an honest, hard-working, decent australian, who had the simple dream of helping people around him and Phuong Ngo ended this. Ngo was a greedy asian who wanted political power. So of course he is guilty.

Jonathan A

HSC
2sense said:
Phuong Ngo should be given a fair go. The balance is beyond reasonable doubt not balance of probabilities. This looks like that they had to find someone to blame and so they blamed because it was political.

The standard isn't always beyond reasonable doubt. In fact a defendant I am meant to believe, can adduce evidence on balance of probabilities.

tattoodguy

john newman is honest and hard working? i fort i saw him on tv, being rude, didnt he stand on his soap box and abuse the vietnamese people in cabra?
lol - i recon he got what he dserved.

jonathan - i like the information you put forth - i like to know the facts - even if it discredits something i have said.

But i still think, the police did intimidate witnesses and gave alot of ppple immunity etc - they bulllied people into testifying etc.

They give all thse people amnesty and immunity? and threaten to implicate them - that does lead to injustice.

If they cant pin point who actually murdered mr newman they obviously cnat porve that ngo was behind it.

So was ngo charged with like conspiracy to murder on the other occasions? or he is charged with the actual murder?

what was he found guilty of exactly?

jonathan? what did u say about the balance of possibilities etc?

Information like seeeing mr ngos car near the house etc - stufff like that is totally irrelevent - heaps of ppple have whtie camrys.

The whole murder weopon thing - thats unreasonable - 3 or 4 years later it turned up? it could have beeen placed there any time by anyone.

the police could have planted it.

the benefit of doubt should favor mr ngo, they cant prove he put the gun there, they cant prove alot of stufff.

I recon racism and allegations of mr ngos gang links etc got him convicted - not any evidence etc.

Are you at all sympathetic jonathan? do you think u could have got him offf with ur lawyering skills?
dont u think their are some holes in this case?

Jonathan A

HSC
I will address this after my exams. But I do want to add, in this country we don't interview jurors after a trial. I'd be keen to know the validity of the website's information.

klh

HSC
Phoung Ngo was no a "Greedy Asian", as the Judge said, he did his good things for the community and this is the onyl bad thing that has been agaisnt him (the Champion newspaper or that SBS doco i forgot). Btu there has been accusations that he had connections with gangs and the recent attempts to excape was added to his record, from the medias point of view.
He wanted political power is true...
John Newman murder was tragic...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I suggest that everyone take a long deep breath, read the court transcript, kindly provided by Jonathan A, and look at it with an unbiased mind, before spouting off what they read in a sensationalised media.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I suggest that everyone take a long deep breath, read the court transcript, kindly provided by Jonathan A, and look at it with an unbiased mind, before spouting off what they read in a sensationalised media.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
john newman is honest and hard working? i fort i saw him on tv, being rude, didnt he stand on his soap box and abuse the vietnamese people in cabra?
You fort (thought)? I need evidence mate. I can believe it. He was in the ALP. But no one deserves to die mate and no one gives the right of one to take away the life of another. What you don't realise, is when you justify the murder of one, you create motive, this is what was obviously used to convict Ngo.

lol - i recon he got what he dserved.
And so did Ngo.

jonathan - i like the information you put forth - i like to know the facts - even if it discredits something i have said.
I like this attitude.

But i still think, the police did intimidate witnesses and gave alot of ppple immunity etc - they bulllied people into testifying etc.
Immunity means they are protected for giving evidence from people threatening them. It encourages people to speak the truth. I don't think immunity is a problem.

They give all thse people amnesty and immunity? and threaten to implicate them - that does lead to injustice.

It's like saying, I will give you refuge because you deserve seeing you are bad. Immunity is a good thing.

If they cant pin point who actually murdered mr newman they obviously cnat porve that ngo was behind it.

Then obviously immunity wont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)