phys vs bio (1 Viewer)

jlee

HSC
is physics more superior than biology as a science???
do u agree???
-phys
is harder
more application needed
suits guys more
not that much maths (unfortunately)
is better than biology
is interesting
can get confusing
-bio
is the opposite

LostAuzzie

HSC
I disagree Physics has a whole lot of Maths in it.
I dont do bio but id probably consider it the easiest of the sciences (after senior science) Hence Physics becomes the superior :uhhuh:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I agree English should be used.

But on the biology is the opposite thing does that mean biology is worse then biology?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i do both Bio and Physics...

it is sooo much easier to get 90% in bio than to get a 70% in physics lol
in my opinion...

bio is not rocket science at all...you just gotta study it
i do chem as well and to me bio is definately the easiest...
chem is the most interesting at the moment...
physics is the hardest but it really amazes me! interesting but its hard 4 me personally 2 be good at.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
-phys
is harder

To me, Biology is so much harder than Physics. You have to memorise much more facts and details, the concepts are hader to grasp and there are these 3 major dot points which caused me major grief in Biology and in the end I just hoped they didnt ask them in the HSC.

more application needed

I dont totally understand what you mean here. If you mean that Physics applies to more things then thats not necessarily true. If you mean it needs more time and effort then that was the converse for me, Biology took up much more time than Physics.

suits guys more

...and?

I assume you mean HSC Physics, not actual Physics?

is better than biology

rofl @ Xayma

is interesting

Yes, but so is Biology

can get confusing

To me Biology got 10x more confusing

^All that both you and I have said is purely personal, you cant simply say one is definitely better than the other

eleco

HSC
i think the physics hsc course is ok. Dont like motors & generators all that much. I hate the hsc chem course. We are doing industrial chem as option, and for me the whole dam course is industrial crap. I think hsc bio is the best though. fair enough it doesnt go into as much detail as i would like, but i like health science.

Last edited:

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I am doing physcis this year and it is really easy. Once you get the hold on it it becomes really easy. However i do hate chemistry.
I dont do biology but from what people have been studying it seems like a subject for people who can remember a lot of information.
If chem wasnt so needed for Uni i would have done Bio instead.

richz

acmilan said:
-phys
is harder

To me, Biology is so much harder than Physics. You have to memorise much more facts and details, the concepts are hader to grasp and there are these 3 major dot points which caused me major grief in Biology and in the end I just hoped they didnt ask them in the HSC.

more application needed

I dont totally understand what you mean here. If you mean that Physics applies to more things then thats not necessarily true. If you mean it needs more time and effort then that was the converse for me, Biology took up much more time than Physics.

suits guys more

...and?

I assume you mean HSC Physics, not actual Physics?

is better than biology

rofl @ Xayma

is interesting

Yes, but so is Biology

can get confusing

To me Biology got 10x more confusing

^All that both you and I have said is purely personal, you cant simply say one is definitely better than the other
i havent done bio, but my personal opinion of physics is that it involves a lot of thinking, the concepts are very hard to understand, to tell u the truth i dont even understand the entire syllabus, its all about regurgitation to me :p. AcMilan, Do u have any tips in actually understanding physics? i think if i really understood physics i wud prolly not have to study as hard becuz atm its just another regurgitation subject :), previously chem was another regurgitation subject, but now i really understand it, and this has reduced my study time on it and my marks have improved too :)

Cheezy-G

How does physics suit guys better? There maybe less girls doing it but the girls in my class are doing much better than the guys. Each science deals with a different area but are equally important so they shouldn't be compared

mikey11

HSC
phys cracks bio

Physics is da bomb so is chemistry BIoligy is BISEXUAL

HSC
eleco said:
i think the physics hsc course is ok. Dont like motors & generators all that much. I hate the hsc chem course. We are doing industrial chem as option, and for me the whole dam course is industrial crap. I think hsc bio is the best though. fair enough it doesnt go into as much detail as i would like, but i like health science.

well i don't do bio, doesn't appeal to me. but i love physics, and i also agree with you eleco, i have no love for motors and generators [maybe if we did some research on possible machines that could achieve >100% efficency...ie perpetual motion machines....that would be fun]. chem isn't all that bad, i'm doing the shipwrecks option, and that just involves applying what you already know on redox reactions.

that being said, this thread is phys vs bio. since i don't do bio, and this is in a physics thread, i choose physics. if it were physics vs chem, i think i still choose physics. whatever maths is involved in physics is dead easy anyway, just involves using formulas from the formula sheet anyway.

ecouch

HSC
i dont do physics personally, because im not into equations, i love bio, but i have to say that there isnt a comparision between the two, they are completely different subjects that don't touch at all. The only questions that we really have to work something out are the monohybrid crosses, everything else is theory - so there is a lot to remember, which makes it hard in its own right, but like i said you can't compare the two

now you want to know about an easy science subject other then senior science, it would have to be earth and environmental science which is my biggest bludge lesson ...... therefore i love it

ecouch

HSC
mikey11 said:
sucked in those who enjoy bio LOL
(Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics & Adv. Eng) yeah cause u do a shitload of fun subjects dont u :rolleyes:

bubu

yep physics rocks hell

geez physics is the best

rather than learn from the cows mouth and spit back out again like bio

physics is interesting

as stated by some famous guy

if u think u understand physics, u dont

hehe....

i dont

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Bwah, is there anyone else who does both?

I like things to do with biology. Biochemistry, biomathematics, biophysics, I'm doing them all. Just not regular biology. Marine biology? Okay. Microbiology? Fine. Human bioology? Living systes? Interesting, but please, 'tis art!

Physics is not superior, it's just more... academic. We ave physicists tellinig biologists they need physicists to understand what they're modelling. (conceited, and probably true.) :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
BlackJack said:
Bwah, is there anyone else who does both?

I like things to do with biology. Biochemistry, biomathematics, biophysics, I'm doing them all. Just not regular biology. Marine biology? Okay. Microbiology? Fine. Human bioology? Living systes? Interesting, but please, 'tis art!

Physics is not superior, it's just more... academic. We ave physicists tellinig biologists they need physicists to understand what they're modelling. (conceited, and probably true.) :p
The theoretical and experimental sides of biology aren't as easy to undertake. You can do alot of theory in physics and be right a great deal of time, biology you can do a great deal and then nature has to go stuff it up for you.

Biology is cool :) but it's a pity the only cool bits involve disabling animals :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)