• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

physical journey related to rabit proof fence (1 Viewer)

AsHiBubBa

HSC
hi there,
the other day i got an assesment task to do, and it is 2 text types relating to physical journeys but back to rabit proof fence... i am seriously stuck i have thought about doing and one of the eminem song lyrics because isnt physical journey something that you have experienced...???? i thought one of his songs would relate to physical journey but not so much rabbit proof fence please some one help it be much appreciated

leaderofrouge

HSC
AsHiBubBa said:
hi there,
the other day i got an assesment task to do, and it is 2 text types relating to physical journeys but back to rabit proof fence... i am seriously stuck i have thought about doing and one of the eminem song lyrics because isnt physical journey something that you have experienced...???? i thought one of his songs would relate to physical journey but not so much rabbit proof fence please some one help it be much appreciated
Dont know if you still need the help since it's already weeks sicne your post... but here it is

you can think bout the abduction scene as the orientation (a start) of Molly, Daisy & Gracie's journey in which they become "stolen" and taken to the Moore River Native Settlement. Then in Scene 20 in the night of Dormitory where Molly had a series of flashback and said "this place make me sick" foreshadows a rebellious act (in the perspective of White Australians) to be taken and of course you know that she decides to leave the next morning. in my class we decribed it as "Quest" th is because they have a place in mind to travel and probably wouldn't be satisfied unless they fulfilled what they intended do, so we named it as a quest. You also have to refer this "Quest" aspect in the aboriginal culture: connection to the land, bit of the "Dreamtime" beliefs (i m not sure why but my teacher said it) and perhaps compare why Molly decides to escape from the Settlement while many others of her race decides to just stay there

amz-06***

HSC
:wave: hey im in the same boat!! i done lord of the rings 1 movie and holy grail by hunters and collectors. there is heaps around. text types can be visual or written. so visuals r movies like finding nemo, shrek, lion king, lotr etc. and written, try holy grail, woodstock by joni mitchell or going back home by nina simone.:)

jaded_hearts

HSC
A good text that refers to Rabbit Proof Fence is the Rabbits by John Marsden and Shaun Tan. It's great because it shows the effects on the physcial journey of the English on the aboriginals. It also has good visual images of modes of transport.

"Chubby"

HSC
AsHiBubBa said:
hi there,

omg i have to do something sooo similar. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)