Physical Journey: Unexpected Detours (1 Viewer)

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
i never learnt about unexpected detours. i don't get it. i wasn't told the question could be something like that. oh well at least its over. how do yous go with the question?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I wrote something about migrations being an unexpected detour in the physical journey that is their life.
BULLSHIT ALERT lol

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I think most people got fucked over by that question.

I just tried my best to make examples of detours in each of my texts. Which was amazingly hard for my stimulus text The Town Where Time Stands still. :/

moco

HSC
My prepared essay kind of fitted to the question.

mzduxx2006

HSC
Retrovertigo said:
Yeah, I think most people got fucked over by that question.

I just tried my best to make examples of detours in each of my texts. Which was amazingly hard for my stimulus text The Town Where Time Stands still. :/
the question was basically asking u how do physical journeys encounter barriers and unknown repercussions. so you can discuss how the results of a journey are unknown, continual, can be either positive or negative. i was really happy with it. i ended up discussing the spontaneous and uncontrollable nature of journeys and how unexpected barriers arise. i ended up talking about skrzyneckis migrant hostel and crossing the red sea as well as frosts the road not taken and my related material. overall took me 2 full 8 page booklets with small to medium sized writing. i was anticipating such a question so im happy with my response.

historykidd

HSC
Twas a very hard question I just basically discussed how obstacles > emotional extension :/.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
moco said:
My prepared essay kind of fitted to the question.
So did mine. Mine was about obstacles and I felt like cheering during reading time.

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
I found it really easy to adapt the detour theme of Jesse Martin's Lionheart, you couldn't really ask for anything easier with sailing.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
OMGOSH many people here already.

Reference to unexpected detours:

- Michael Gow, Away, Coral:

Beach scene

- Michael Gow, Away, Gwen:

Beach scene

- Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows:

Rat's reluctance to embark on a journey

- Ray Martin, Beyond Bronte:

Bronte avoids death

Martyno1 said:
I wrote something about migrations being an unexpected detour in the physical journey that is their life.
BULLSHIT ALERT lol
QFT.

mzduxx2006 said:
the question was basically asking u how do physical journeys encounter barriers and unknown repercussions. so you can discuss how the results of a journey are unknown, continual, can be either positive or negative. i was really happy with it. i ended up discussing the spontaneous and uncontrollable nature of journeys and how unexpected barriers arise. i ended up talking about skrzyneckis migrant hostel and crossing the red sea as well as frosts the road not taken and my related material. overall took me 2 full 8 page booklets with small to medium sized writing. i was anticipating such a question so im happy with my response.
:eek:

williamc

HSC
Easiest question ever.

Unexpected detours is just the challenges faced on the physical journey.

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
Martyno1 said:
BULLSHIT ALERT lol
count me in on the bullshit. thats similar to what i wrote

HSC
I just wrote about obstacles... with random quotes.

I couldn't really see how any of Skrzynecki's poems suited the question... except for "Leaving Home".

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
YESSS!! i thought os...unexpcted detours = obstacles...right right?

xsavagex

HSC
Yeah i crapped on about things for a while lol. Im pretty happy though

HSC
And I interpreted "unexpected detours", as a physical detour, as in having to take a different path.

williamc

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I just wrote about obstacles... with random quotes.

I couldn't really see how any of Skrzynecki's poems suited the question... except for "Leaving Home".
Thats where you open up for a-hole and start saying that it does.

historykidd

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
And I interpreted "unexpected detours", as a physical detour, as in having to take a different path.
Bingo.

Guys, obstacles are an underlying assumption. They are expected - this is what threw me off - there is essentially no obstacle that is unexpected in skrzynecki except for Leaving Home / Drive in the country / very thinly veiled reference in Migrant Hostel.

I saw detours as a deliberate side-tracking of the inveitable journey.

Member232135

HSC
N/A
Dam. I thought it meant physical detours too megan :( Wouldve been perfect if i studied leaving home before the test, add that to rain man, road not taken and wouldve been ownage... fuck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)