Physical Journeys Recommended Related Texts (2 Viewers)

bollystudent82

HSC
N/A
What are some nice related texts one can use for physical journeys, what are some I should stay clear from?

Thanks.

Waitey

HSC
Hey mate... just wondering how you analyse a picture like that soo much to get a top mark ?

HSC
I found Castaway worked pretty well for Physical Journeys. You should stay away from any text that is the same type as your prescribed text

Stephie121

HSC
Im using The Rabbits by Shaun Tan. Its a quality picture book says my teacher lol. and the series of novels by Dave Pelzer...

hjudge05

HSC
Shaun Tan has alot of good books that involve physical journeys. he just put out a new one, i cant remember what it is called, but tis like 128 pages i beleive of just pictures hes drawn. its inspired by stories of refugees and stuff i think. even if you dont do it for your assessment, its worth looking at because it captures the emotions of the people just so so well.

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I am doing Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, i reckon its a pretty good text to use.

Jesykka

HSC
Our english teacher told us it was probably better to avoid Lord of the Rings although she didn't explain why. Anyone with similar thoughts?

Last edited:

mattinnes

HSC
I need some suggestions for non-fiction texts. Can someone please help..

Thanks matt

blondesdoitbeta

HSC
HEy jess is ashlea, doc said don't used lord of the rings coz its 2 much of a imaginative journey... but she also said u can use shrek but not finding nemo.. i have no idea???????????????

Jesykka

HSC
Fancy running in to you here Ash! Lol.
Yeah, weird. I had wanted to use Finding Nemo too lol.

rosietaranto

HSC
I'd suggest to everyone not to use such well known and popular texts as Lord of The Rings, for obvious reasons that so many other people would pick them, that markes generally become really sick of marking the same continuous thing.
It's like doing Van Gough or Monet for an art essay.
Stay clear of it.

Think orignal. Anything by Isobelle Carmody is a good choice. Documentarys. ABC is good for that. I would stay clear from cartoons by Disney.
Although I am choosing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardobe, but that is because of it's links to 3 of my other texts. Like Wind in the Willows, Darkfall, and Crossing the Red Sea. All new things! All going towards the new and unknown!
Go with something different.

blondesdoitbeta

HSC
Ahhh yeah its just sooo confusing cuz all 3 journey aspects can tie into the one.. but the important thing is 2 note which journey (physical, inner or imaginative) is most predominate and then u have 2 back it up with evidence...... arrrrghhhhhhh

yeah jess, i know... of all the internet sites in all the land and all the conversations....oooooh freaky!!!!

Last edited:

mhopper

HSC
im thinking of doing rabbit proof fence or shrek for my related texts. my prescribed text is perter skryznecki poems. any comments wuld b great:)

dracnom

HSC
How bout your BOS text, you have to do one, but prepare two just in case one doesn't fit the question. Im doing the wind in the willows for the BOS, prescribed skryznecki poems and still thinking on what to do for related.

Jesykka

HSC
rosietaranto said:
I am choosing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardobe, but that is because of it's links to 3 of my other texts. Like Wind in the Willows, Darkfall, and Crossing the Red Sea. All new things! All going towards the new and unknown!
Go with something different.
Not sure if you realise... but none of those are really new things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)