Physical Journeys Related Material - HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

j.anne

HSC
Hey, has anyone read Out of the Dark World by Grace Chetwin?
I want to use it as related material for Skrzynecki but i'm not sure whether its classified as a physical journey.
Please help!

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
no sorry....
i haven't even heard of it lol
i'm doing Eragon the Novel by Christopher Paolini
and the film Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

do you have any other options???
you could do lord of the rings-novel or movie
which ever you prefer
i don't know can't really help you
sorry

:)

j.anne

HSC
Post by KeepHoldingOn

thanks for the suggestions!
my english teacher suggested a poem by Robert Gray.
since i'm already familar with it it should be easier than starting from scratch.
thanks for your help and good luck!

:)

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Not a great idea to use a Poem to relate towards a poem. If you want to wow the markers then you'd better opt for a better choice. Although if it's your last choice then I guess so.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
Here possible related text on physical journeys : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SNv3o_yhkk

Some Points you could mention are:
-The
central goal of the journey in this text is to relinquish their thirst for hunger
-
The road is seen to be the medium in which the 2 protagonists travel on, presenting the continous nature of their physical journey
-
Hyperbole of "looking in your underwear" further reinforces their designated path of fulfilling this physical journey
- The use of a metaphor to convey that life is a journey itself, where their life after school is to go find some "good food"
-
The encompassing and inappropriate use of clothing provides the message of diversity in the search and quest for "good food"

As you can see, these points discuss how both the lyrics and the music video can capture the essence of the physical journey.

daxteriscute

HSC
hello,
The Documantary Touching the Void is good, if youre into that or the book the Hatchet is pretty good. not too long either.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)