Physical Journeys??!?! (1 Viewer)

sarah-jne

HSC
Hey all. Im about to start Year 12 :worried: in a couple of weeks, and with english not being my strongest subject thought id ask for some clarification.

what kind of stuff do you need to talk about. coz when we did AoS in Yr 10 it was all about types of power, but then this year with time it was all about concepts about time and the nature of time. so what do you say about physical journeys.. the effects they have on ppl?

also, how do u find RM for this? where are good places to look for related texts and what kind of stuff is good. my teacher keeps telling us not to go for poems or songs coz theyre too simple.

so yeh, any advice you guys have that could help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

and good luck to anyone in the class of 06 whos reading this

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
thats stupid to say not to go for poems or songs for being too simple, doesnt matter if they are simple, just what you can get from them.
its supposedly right to have usually one movie,one book, a poem and a song, plus your stimulus one.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well physical journeys have a number of ‘umbrella statements\ideas’ that can be applied to a number of journeys and journey texts. Such as: Journeys can be taken reluctantly, a journey can turn lose into gain, journeys offer the traveller a point of reflection etc. These are usually applied to texts and help you formulate your thesis and ideas for your essays.

For your journeys texts you will need to understand what the journey is about (its ideas), techniques and examples and to make an evaluation on how it helps you understand journeys, trying to connect each text together on a central theme\idea about journeys.

Related material can come from anyway and everywhere. There is tons of stuff out there for journeys, internet, music, poems, magazine covers, cartoons, pictures etc.

Not to sure why your teachers are saying that songs and poems can be excellent however depending on your prescribed text i.e. mine is Peter Skrzynecki’s poems and for my related material\stimulus text I will not be using a poem to show I can analyse and use a wide variety of texts and textual types. Perhaps that is what they mean that usually a poem is your prescribed text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)