physical modelling subject (1 Viewer)

suani

HSC
Physical modelling subject is all physics based... I think.

However i haven't done physics for my HSC ...
Anyone that has done this course.... How much do I need to know as my previous knowledge???

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not much. HSC Physics is a lot of history and theory but Physical Modelling has a little bit of theory but is mostly calculations - all exam questions are calculations with a formula sheet provided (also, it's multiple choice but you need to show working out). The only content directly comparable to stuff in HSC Physics are mechanics stuff like projectile motion, you shouldn't have too many problems not having done physics in high school.

suani

HSC
thanks a lot... i have studied projectile motion in Maths ex 1, so is that enough.??

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Possibly, that was one of the only things i saw in Phys Mod from hsc physics. Theres probably some other similarities here and there but i never found that they ever assumed any knowledge - and if you don't understand everything that's what lecture notes, textbook and youtube is for.

suani

HSC
so no assumed comprehensive physics knowledge is required??

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not really, they go over everything you need to know. As vafa said there are a lot of topics covered in Physical Modelling - at some other unis it's almost equivalent to two semesters worth of topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)