Physicists who completed the PHYSICS.. (1 Viewer)

sure`SMD

... HSC course and managed to achieve a band 6 or high band 5s.

How did you all go in the external exam? If you were to roughly estimate your percentage (raw mark) of the external exam, what would it be?

Just curious of the level of difficulty and work needed to achieve a good band AND If you wouldn't mind could ya please disclose ur final HSC mark too.. thx :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm im not qualified to post here, but I will anyway!

I was bad at physics all year last yr...I failed all my pracs, and scraped passess on my exams. My trial HSC exam mark was 51, my half yearly mark was like 43 from memory. I was ranked 20/32 ppl...things don't look so good. So during stuvac I made the effort to learn the whole physics course armed with Jacaranda, Excel, and the Syllabus, and I managed to actually learn everything in 7 odd weeks. Come HSC, the exam was pretty straightforward, but I screwed up the option (Q2Q). Results came back and I got 84 as an exam mark, 79 for Assessment mark, and overall I got 82 for my HSC mark - and this came from failing my assessments...

I'd estimate my raw exam mark to be between 75-80, but because it was aligned, I guess that mark range was worthy of a mid Band5 performance.

And from experience - I can tell u, u are better off if u put the effort in consistantly, rather than at the end

sure`SMD

:)

so did you guys think that it was aligned pretty generously? were you surprised or disappointed with those marks/expected to get higher?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i did phys

our skool had tough internal exams. They were really really picky, so when we had the final hsc exam, it was like a push over.
My raw marks at school were 60s-70s. But after scaling, my internal was 87. HSC exam mark was 93, so ended with 90.

One thing with all sciences, is to look at the past band 6 responses. You'll notice that these ppl write about stuff the question isn't even asking. So go into the exam room and show off ur knowledge. The markers give u marks from refering to a marking guideline. eg. state f=ma even though you don't need it etc.

If you know your stuff (go through points in syllabus), the hsc exam will be pretty easy. You'll have a ton of time, so write really long and thorough answers. If you finish and still have an hr left, this isn't a maths exam, it means you didnt answer the questions thoroughly enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)