Physics Bridging Course (1 Viewer)

Kd14

HSC
Is it necessary to undertake this bridging course if I haven't done HSC Physics for Engineering?

Also, I've chosen the slow paced Physical Modelling subject so that I could get a good grasp on the physics side of the course.

Thanks

Logistics

HSC
No you don't need to do the bridging course. The physics one is a waste of time anyway.

The physics you chose is basically the normal one done over a whole year instead of one semester.

Kd14

HSC
Wouldn't it be beneficial if I do it though? Or does the subject start from scratch that having not done the HSC course wouldn't matter?

desai

HSC
yeh im in the same situation as you. i didnt do phsyics in hs and am doing civil. i decided to do the bridging course just in case so that i don't flip out when i cant figure out the work later on. i have also elected to do physics over 2 semesters

Logistics

HSC
The Physics course starts at the very beginning. I have said it before the Physics is basically HSC Physics core components (no theory or history stuff) with some extra stuff that builds from there.

The Physics bridging course that I did last year went for a single day, if I rememeber correctly 4 hours and I paid $60 for that.

They basically tell you what you will study sort of get you into the subject and give you a book that you can look at and read at home (a book that I never used)

placebo101

HSC
ok i got a question.

to do the slow paced physics course wat do u select in the web enrolement?

Kd14

HSC
There should be an "Alternate" next to Physical Modelling. Click on that and choose the option to split them up into two sems.

If you are already enrolled on the PModelling subject, but decided to do the slow paced, you have to withdraw from this subject and do the above.

placebo101

HSC
ok i've done that. now it says i cant enroll in 'Fundamentals of mechanical eng' for the spring >> this is normal right??

also, when are the timetables finalised?

Logistics

HSC
Timetables finalised that's a good question lol.

There's no set date if you ask me. I have been in a situation where 3 weeks into the semester and timetable still changing lol

placebo101

HSC
does any1 else think this course was a waste of time? i never did physics, but basically knew everything they told us from ext 1 maths, chem and yr 10 science.

and my question again... i've enrolled in that slow physics course, but now i cant enroll in the"fundamentals of mech eng course" is this what is meant to happen?

Kd14

HSC
I'm guessing that that course's prerequisite is Physical Modelling (6cp). Hmm.. have you enrolled to both Physical Modelling A and B?

UPDATE: Requisite(s): 48610 Introduction to Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering AND 68037 Physical Modelling AND 33130 Mathematical Modelling 1
Found here

And as for the Bridging course, I got confused on the optics and waves bit. =S

Logistics

HSC
Don't worry when you actually study it, it will be easy.

You're given formulas, you just need to recognise what formula to use, plug the numbers in and your all set :)

Kd14

HSC
That's the mathematical side of it. What about the others.. D=

unistudent

HSC
lol kd you are smart in maths. there is probly lots of students who are in the same situation as you anyways.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
you guys havnt seen the size of the physics texts books, omg not even the dictionary is that big compared to it

Logistics

HSC
That book is good for a full year or more. You won't use the entire book.

It's a heavy book I never brought it to UNI, hardly used it at home as well lol.

desai

HSC
if i did engineering studies and maths extension 1 in high school last year can i do the straight physical modelling over one semester or would it be recommened that i do the physics A and B over two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)