Physics, chem, history (1 Viewer)

marauder7

HSC
Just want to ask as a person who is English/history based but also good (not brilliant) at science
Which science between physics and chemistry has more skills based and content of essay writing and high level of written communication that would be better for a humanities person also doing
2unit maths.
As I'm tossing between Chem and Ancient or Physics and Modern respectively both together.
So really which is more sensible for a 3unit person who wants to own history as well?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
By aligning yourself more with humanities, you should definitely consider forgoing science and picking humanities up instead.

Not sure about chemistry, but physics has a few assess and evaluate type questions which can be like essays, without the structure.

And what do you mean "3unitperson"?

Honestly, I believe you should do subjects you like and are better at, and from what you are implying, you're better at histories and stuff, so it would probably be better to go with those subjects.

Best of luck :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry and Physics is about the same in terms of skills based and content based, however, physics-particularly for year 12, is more theoretical than chemistry, so you might find chemistry to be better since it is much easier to link everything to practical applications-both chemistry and physics will have assess, evaluate questions. At the end of the day, the best thing to do is to read through the syllabus and see what subject topics appeals to you the most and choose that science. Make sure you are willing to put in consistent effort in it to ensure you get the best marks possible:)-best wishes for your studies this year:)

enoilgam

HSC
Honestly, I believe you should do subjects you like and are better at, and from what you are implying, you're better at histories and stuff, so it would probably be better to go with those subjects.
Definitely agree with this. For some reason, people feel compelled to choose a science for senior school. Unless you need it for your course, you should do what you are good at and what you enjoy. I picked Chemistry for Prelim simply to do a science and after the second week I was like "Why did I pick this?" - I never really enjoyed the Chemistry stuff in Year 10 and I knew it wasnt my thing. So I switched to economics which was a much better course for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)