Physics, chemistry and biology together. (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Hey everyone,
Just wanyed to know if anyone has done Chemistry, Biology and Physics together in the HSC?
Is it too much of a workload and is it worth it?
Because I was wondering if it would be too much to do in terms of workload?

Keen to see what everyone thinks.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I had a friend who did all three science subjects and she was perfectly fine with the workload. Remember, these three subjects are just different facets of science discipline, so there are some links that can be made across the subjects, furthermore, as long as you are passionate about all three and you can do well in it, then it will definitely be worth it. It wouldn't be too much in terms of workload because compare to subjects that have major works such as Visual Arts, Textiles, Music etc, none of these three subjects requires a major work. You will be fine:) Stop stressing yourself out too much:)

study1234

HSC
Hey everyone,
Just wanyed to know if anyone has done Chemistry, Biology and Physics together in the HSC?
Is it too much of a workload and is it worth it?
Because I was wondering if it would be too much to do in terms of workload?

Keen to see what everyone thinks.
The workload shouldn't be much more difficult than other subject combinations. Just ensure you are up-to-date with your syllabus notes, and are constantly revising them.

ocatal

HSC
I've done the three sciences.

You'll be fine as long as you study consistently and allocate enough of your time to each subject.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Thanks for the advise. But out of the three subjects, which one would require the most effort and biggest workload?

study1234

HSC
Thanks for the advise. But out of the three subjects, which one would require the most effort and biggest workload?
I found that Physics required the most rote-learning and memorization, especially in Ideas to Implementation and Quanta to Quarks. Chemistry allowed for progressive understanding of scientific concepts, although Industrial Chemistry did involve a lot of memorizing. Didn't do Biology.

ocatal

HSC
I think the concepts in Chemistry are generally harder to grasp than in Physics and Biology. Despite this, the sheer quantity of content in Biology will probably compensate for this.

I found Physics to be somewhere in the middle.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
its doable. same with every other subject - make sure your time management is down pat and you use syllabus dot points for study. tbh, i think the difficulty of juggling 3 sciences is overhyped. a dux from my school a few years ago did 3 sciences as well, she looks relatively healthy, so I'm assuming the workload didn't kill her.

as long as you enjoy your subject, you won't really "notice" the workload. (you'll enjoy doing it so much you don't realise the workload is massive :p)

Biotherm

HSC
I did three sciences and i found the workload to be managable. The subjects had many aspects which overlapped including both content and question structure so it really helped. Also doing all combined meant that during exam time I only had english essays to do rather than history and also social science essays. I say if youre interested and doing well in junior science then three sciences is a wonderful combination. :thrust:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)