physics cssa 04 ^_^ (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
yeah
was ok
pretty s hit mark allocaiton though
2 marks for thompsons experiment yet 5 marks for valve transistors :/
fucked up projectile question forgot to put 20 metres...
fucked up the astronaut question
and conservation of momentum law .. isn't that like YEAR 11? *stabs CSSA in the face*

apart from that pretty easy
also question 7 multiple choice was abit dodgy :/

JimMcCool

I really struggled. The whole thing. I had absolutely no idea what that question worth heaps of marks was even asking.

Which Valve transistor question exactly are you talking about Li0n?

mystify

HSC
it was hard

I think he's talkin about the question where shortcomings in communication tech. led to the development of the transistor. anywayz i think it was a very hard paper...too many calculation based q's :(

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
yeah it was abit mathsish, i was psised off cause i was expecting englishish so i didnt practise any mathsish questions, meh. bl anyway exams are over it doesn't matter anymore best of luck to everyone else :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i thought it was really easy, but every1 else in my class said it was hard so i'm worried. I agree with mark allocation tho, it was a bit weird.

coroneos

since when are they allowed to ask derivation questions?? wtf do we have to derive it anyway?

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
JimMcCool said:
derivation?
The one where you equate centripetal force to gravitational force to find the orbital velocity

JimMcCool

ah right, well I didn't think that was too tricky. That one was straight off a syllabus dotpoint.

I know I had a hard time with just about every question that involved numbers :p What did everyone else struggle with? Like Particular questions...

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Edison and the transistor question were the only iffy ones for me. Had to make up so much crap to fill the lines... just hope the astrophysics section will save my arse.

coroneos

the question didnt explicitly say you had to use what equations to derive it out tho so i did it differently 2 u..

all it asked for was an equation that had G & M and r in it i think that was the orbital velocity.

alexialight

HSC
I totally agree about the weird allocation of marks. Didn't make much sense.
I thought it was pretty ok but there were a few questions which confused me, like that question about the train and the lightning - which observer was meant to see the light at the same time and which was meant to see it at different times? Everyone in my class got different answers.

nomz

was kinda weird test- the wording and stuff just confused me. what did u guys write for that one about the lightening striking the train? i crapped on but i don't think it was right. And what was with the edison/ westinghouse q? 5 marks? and thomsons experiment only 2. That was crazy! even some of the multiple choice questions were strange.... oh! and what did u get for that projectile one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariallee

HSC
yeah, i reackon it is weird that thomsons experiment only worth 2 marks, i think i wrote too much for that 2 marks. and i really did not get that communication tech and the trasistor. Anyone did medical physics for option topic?

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Did anyone utilise the 3 hours? I finished with about an hour and 20 minutes left and i managed to double check my exam in that time. I pretty much filled up every line so im worried that i rushed it too much and wrote down the wrong stuff. Its weird because normally physics is my weakest subject but today i found it fairly easy in most parts. Probably because I recently discovered the ancient art of study. A few questions got me figured out but I agree with what most people have been saying about the allocation of marks.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I finished about an hour to go. The option Q2Q was probably the easiest ive ever seen. What did everyone get for the net force on the astronaut? I think i did it wrong i got in the 3000N range

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
i only had like 10 min left damn it :angel: because i had no idea what the transistor Qestion was about and for got the electric history crap. oh man hope i get few marks for it they 5 marks each damn it....!!!!! oh wait was it 6 ?

alexialight

HSC
acmilan1987 said:
I finished about an hour to go. The option Q2Q was probably the easiest ive ever seen. What did everyone get for the net force on the astronaut? I think i did it wrong i got in the 3000N range
I think i got that as well. I remember it was a really big number around 3000 and i was thinking that it didn't look right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)