Physics Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

silverdawn565

HSC
Wasn't too bad. I only got stuck with 2 MCQs and a few short answers. I didn't go too well in my option topic though. Kinda wish I focused on it more during study.

GiraCubed

HSC
Some of the MC and Short Answers were weird. The Astrophysics questions were all on the boring parts of the topic (imo) which sucked. I liked the exam though, thought it was pretty interesting.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Last few MCQs were a bit hard, what was wrong with the short answers though?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Rip got 16/20 in MCQ and the radiation question was really hard probably stuffed that up

silverdawn565

HSC
Same.
Radiation question for space re-entry.
The Magnetic flux one.
And finding the range for that projectile tbh. (If you guys got that out, how'd you do it? I think the initial velocity was 10m/s and angle 60 degrees?)
But I tried to write at least something down for each.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The radiation question was bs had no clue what I was writing
Proton I half bsed it but hopefully my north west helical shape was right

To the person above, range was found using delta y = 0, finding t and subbing back into delta x.

Sp3ctre

HSC
projectile was fked
The first part was a bit trickier you needed to realise that you needed to use the value you got for potential energy of the spring was converted to the kinetic energy of the ball so you could use 1/2mv^2 to find velocity. The second part was quite standard though.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Same.
Radiation question for space re-entry.
The Magnetic flux one.
And finding the range for that projectile tbh. (If you guys got that out, how'd you do it? I think the initial velocity was 10m/s and angle 60 degrees?)
But I tried to write at least something down for each.
I'm paranoid after seeing so many people struggle with projectile that I might've missed something too. But I just used y = ut + 1/2at^2 to find t first, then used t to find range since you know initial horizontal and vertical velocity.

GiraCubed

HSC
Yeah the radiation question for re-entry confused me as well. I also really liked the projectile question, it was cool to get something different and not just something really standard.

RB1234

HSC
Did anyone figure out how to do question 19 (The one with the rope and the galvanometer) ?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Did anyone figure out how to do question 19 (The one with the rope and the galvanometer) ?
Apparently you use right hand palm rule so it's C ahha rip I thought it's D because it's closer to surface so more change in flux

silverdawn565

HSC
The radiation question was bs had no clue what I was writing
Proton I half bsed it but hopefully my north west helical shape was right

To the person above, range was found using delta y = 0, finding t and subbing back into delta x.
Oh. *fp* Now I feel stupid. That delta y would then have been like a quadratic, right? The equation I subbed into into made t=0 (v=u+at : I'm not stupid... I think exam stress got to me...) So I only ended up stopping at writing down the equation delta x = ux*t. (Except I kinda stupidly crossed it out... so I don't think the markers would count it).
But thanks for that.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh. *fp* Now I feel stupid. That delta y would then have been like a quadratic, right? The equation I subbed into into made t=0 (v=u+at : I'm not stupid... I think exam stress got to me...) So I only ended up stopping at writing down the equation delta x = ux*t. (Except I kinda stupidly crossed it out... so I don't think the markers would count it).
But thanks for that.
All good stress gets to everyone!

silverdawn565

HSC
What did you guys write for the reentry + radiation question?
First part, I talked about g-force and heat and how the safe angle is between 5.2-7.2 degrees and 10 degrees exceeds that.

Um for radiation one I had no clue tbh. I wrote something about light and heat energy and having to reduce the heat on the spacecraft (ceramic plates?). I'm pretty positive I'm probably incorrect for that though.... but for the sake of writing 'something' down.

Last edited:

camstu

HSC
Wasn't too bad, screwed up on magnetic flux question (got density and flux definitions confused), radiation q had no idea. What should scaling be like for this exam?

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
Was it wrong to for the flux density to use the max flux and divide it by the area of the circle loop (It didn't say the loop was circular nor that the given length was the diameter, so idk if what i did was right)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)