Physics exam was today! (1 Viewer)

bri.mal

HSC
I had my half-yearly physics exam this morning, we did motors and generators and medical physics. I expected more questions on medical physics but the exam was fairly easy overall. I always wonder though why the multiple choice are dodgy.
Does anyone's teacher teach them physics off G. Pitts powerpoint presentaions?
This exam has been the easiest so far but i only did maths and english. 2unit maths was so hard.

Dragie

HSC
Damn...I agree with you - multiple choice for me is always hard lol. I dunno I think I just need to work on it a little more but does anyone know how to improve on your 'multiple choice' skills?? Haha I feel stupid they're supposed to be the easiest but I just can't do it...lol

Riviet

HSC
N/A
With multiple choice, I always look for the options that are "clearly wrong", which you can immediately eliminate. Then I try to eliminate the other options, leaving me with the correct answer. I've still yet to do my exam next week.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Process of elimination always works in multiple choice. You should only ever have a problem with them (assuming you know your stuff) if they are dodgy questions. A common problem is that people may think too hard on multiple choice questions. They often think there is some trick to the question because it is often straight forward. In most cases (especially HSC style questions) they are indeed that straight forward....

s2indie

HSC
i hate multiple choices - i start off with the process of elimination and sometimes I'll be left with two answers and when I get desperate I use the "eenie-meenie" technique and it's funny cause you can see everybody doing it too.

Oh, and i hate it when you choose an answer and you overthink it and you end up changing it, but the former was the real correct answer.

bri.mal

HSC
well I can't look up what i got in that exam because I dont have my books, but I did really well. The multiple choice was dodgy like i suspected. By dodgy I mean some of the questions answers were all wrong or had multiple answers, and my teacher spent an extra two weeks working out what everyone "really" got LOL. I was coming second in Physics after half yearlys but we just did an assessment where i got 18.5 out of 28!!! oh no lol.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
bri.mal said:
Does anyone's teacher teach them physics off G. Pitts powerpoint presentaions?

He's my teacher currently.. He uses them a lot in class. He's quite dedicated. Our intranet student network is a stockpile of physics notes, etc. that he's compiled.

I had no idea other teachers use his slideshows also!

Unless of course you're at my school. lol

helper

HSC
N/A
Greg provides his powerpoints for free to other teachers at markinmg and other inservices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)