Physics Help! (1 Viewer)

GlowYossy22

HSC
Hey everyone, I need some help understanding how to solve two problems.

I don't know how to calculate the size of the current or determine the direction of the force for this question. I think it has something to do with the right hand rule.

2350730927509270.png

This question makes no sense to me:

564891268023.png

Longbottom

HSC
Hint for first one:
The X's denote the direction of the feild. The magnetic feild lines go into the page. Think of it like an arrow, a circle means out while a x means into in these type of questions.

F=BIL

where B is magnetic feild strength mesured in Teslas

I is current mesured in Ampres

L is length mesured in metres

F is force mesured in Newton's

Second one:

When it says 'In the plane of the page' it means its running in line with the page. So its not going in or out of the page,either top to bottom, left to right etc

Use the right hand rule to find the direction of the current so you can do A. It will allow you to do b, which uses a similar equation to the above

GlowYossy22

HSC
Hint for first one:
The X's denote the direction of the feild. The magnetic feild lines go into the page. Think of it like an arrow, a circle means out while a x means into in these type of questions.

F=BIL

where B is magnetic feild strength mesured in Teslas

I is current mesured in Ampres

L is length mesured in metres

F is force mesured in Newton's

Second one:

When it says 'In the plane of the page' it means its running in line with the page. So its not going in or out of the page,either top to bottom, left to right etc

Use the right hand rule to find the direction of the current so you can do A. It will allow you to do b, which uses a similar equation to the above
Thanks for your response. How would I apply the right hand rule to these questions? I don't understand how to use the right hand rule to figure out the direction.

GlowYossy22

HSC
Thanks for your response. How would I apply the right hand rule to these questions? I don't understand how to use the right hand rule to figure out the direction.
Is the force on the first question going up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)