Physics HSC Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
actually in relation to normanhurst, one of the qs are: "Describe how careful observation of the emr from various sources gave evidence in support of the BBT." (5 marks)

I was thinking the Hubbles Law (redshift emr of distant stars) to provide evidence for expanding universe and CMBR to provide evidence of the annihilation/pair production process before the inflation/cooling stage of the hot Big Bang,and how its isometric and stuff but what other evidence is there?
The only other peices of evidence are distant galaxies have younger stars (can give age of universe) and that ratio of hydrogen to helium 3:1 but what else is there thats related to EMR?

uniqueusername1

HSC
actually in relation to normanhurst, one of the qs are: "Describe how careful observation of the emr from various sources gave evidence in support of the BBT." (5 marks)

I was thinking the Hubbles Law (redshift emr of distant stars) to provide evidence for expanding universe and CMBR to provide evidence of the annihilation/pair production process before the inflation/cooling stage of the hot Big Bang but what other evidence is there?
The only other peices of evidence are distant galaxies have younger stars (can give age of universe) and that ratio of hydrogen to helium 3:1 but what else is there thats related to EMR?
existence of cosmic microwave background radiation?

minijo

HSC
that group is so incompetent i dont even bother with them. the only decent paper i could find was normanhurst and even then it doesnt really reflect hsc style questions
Yeah, but even one of the Normahurst multis had the wrong answer too

existence of cosmic microwave background radiation?
Galaxies further away are more dense, but thats more expansion of universe which follows on from Big Bang I guess

uniqueusername1

HSC
imagine a fat 9 marker on the timeline of the big bang or time line of stars like bro we didnt even cover this in class in detail. we got a crappy flow chart and no processes between gravity and pressure
mate i was grinding those two lol yesterday in detail haha

notme123

HSC
the things i dont want:
ac induction motors
big bang
stars
explaining huygens and newtons models of light (like seriously they're both wrong in one way or another why are we studying them)

uniqueusername1

HSC
the things i dont want:
ac induction motors
big bang
stars
explaining huygens and newtons models of light (like seriously they're both wrong in one way or another why are we studying them)
come on bro thats all the fun topics

notme123

HSC
I reckon life cycle of a star or origins of all elements or debate between light vs particle will be one of the 7-9 markers
omg i forgot how elements form. remind me, is it like stars form from H and He and they burn stuff up to iron56 but then in supernova, heavier products are made and dispersed throughout the universe

minijo

HSC
the things i dont want:
ac induction motors
big bang
stars
I agree with ac induction motors but not the rest. Huygens and newton will come up as like how scientific models are challenged or affirmed or whatever, and big bang and stars is memorized

uniqueusername1

HSC
ok maybe we can take ac induction motor off the list if we dont have to regurgitate a paragraph on how they operate
the rest is staying cuz i bloody hate the huygens model cuz i just dont understand it. newton is fine like theres a billion reasons why his model is wrong and i can explain his model a little better
aww man that just made me feel sad

fine we'll reach a middle ground

i hope its a 9 marker on motors and generators

notme123

HSC
aww man that just made me feel sad

fine we'll reach a middle ground

i hope its a 9 marker on motors and generators
hmmmmmmmmm perhaps. but idk what a slip ring does i just know it goes on ac generator lol. is it basically it just carries the current like is that its only job? split ring i know switches the current cuz dc goes one way.

uniqueusername1

HSC
hmmmmmmmmm perhaps. but idk what a slip ring does i just know it goes on ac generator lol. is it basically it just carries the current like is that its only job? split ring i know switches the current cuz dc goes one way.
yea basically lol

minijo

HSC
Idk if its concerning or comforting that like 80% is a B6 and 59% is a mid B5

DarkOperator618

HSC
i just dont wanna see the first section of module 8 in any form

ik that's never gonna happen doe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)