Physics HSC Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

IDK and IDC

HSC
depends on your marker. some are really harsh on wording things. like bro this isnt english. why do i have to bring up the rotor looks like a squirrel cage (yes i lost a mark cuz of this) thats not even a good analogy i dont want to do this cringe high school bs where we compress concepts into stupid analogies to understand where a full cohesive explanation will bode much better. possibly with a side of maths. but no calculus isnt allowed because reasons
ight if we're using the squirrel cage motor as an example, it demonstrates the use of laminations to reduce eddy currents and demonstrates the currents induced in the bars as the magnetic field moves across them. its just easy to elaborate, thus easy marks regardless of the marker.

IDK and IDC

HSC
ye its easy to bs but tbf idk how ac induction motors work i just know what they look like so if it gets dire im gonna draw diagrams in the exam and bs
last years paper wasnt focused on it so i reckon it will be in the paper tomr

notme123

HSC
last years paper wasnt focused on it so i reckon it will be in the paper tomr
there was one mc on it last year so i hope they skip a year and make next year do a whole 6 marker on how they work

IDK and IDC

HSC
there was one mc on it last year so i hope they skip a year and make next year do a whole 6 marker on how they work
bruh that question was jus asking what isnt in a ac induction motor, thats as easy as it gets

notme123

HSC
bruh that question was jus asking what isnt in a ac induction motor, thats as easy as it gets
i didnt say it was hard.
imagine a question like whats the benefit of ac over dc like a 9 marker on that hahahah. you would have to talk about less friction for induction motors compared to dc with brushes, you dont have to increase power you can change the frequency to increase rotor speed i think, idk what else. if it was ac in general well then you can waffle on about transformers

IDK and IDC

HSC
i didnt say it was hard.
imagine a question like whats the benefit of ac over dc like a 9 marker on that hahahah. you would have to talk about less friction for induction motors compared to dc with brushes, you dont have to increase power you can change the frequency to increase rotor speed i think, idk what else. if it was ac in general well then you can waffle on about transformers
jus waffle, whatever makes sense write it down

JakeFarr

HSC
Does anyone else think there will be quite a few marks allocated to the photoelectric effect and Einstien's photon model?
In the past two years, there have only been two questions on it.

vishnay

God
HSC
Does anyone else think there will be quite a few marks allocated to the photoelectric effect and Einstien's photon model?
hopefully that would be a godsend

vishnay

God
HSC
lol it was the 9 marker

thank the nesa gods

liv888

HSC
Yeah idk why i had to learn through the exam that JJ Thompson was actually spelt Thomson... But I digress, It felt pretty alright

zakoht

HSC
Was I the only one who found the Q14 multiple choice about gravitional attraction between moon and earth to have no correct answer? And for the projectile motion question part a where it said account for Ke, what did people do? Was vague and wasn't sure what it was asking.

liv888

HSC
Was I the only one who found the Q14 multiple choice about gravitional attraction between moon and earth to have no correct answer? And for the projectile motion question part a where it said account for Ke, what did people do? Was vague and wasn't sure what it was asking.
for gravity q I said A, cause there still is an acceleration just hella small
for Ke, I just gave reasons for why t1 wasn't at 0, and why t2 KE was greater than t0 (if that's the question ure talking about)

zakoht

HSC
for gravity q I said A, cause there still is an acceleration just hella small
for Ke, I did change in KE= change in U, then found change in height, and then found t for both changes in height then added them :D
I had the same thought for acc, but the thing is was it said describing the entire thing and it's not just the earth that accelerates, moon does aswell. I think I threw marks on that Ke one, I just wrote velocities lmfao.

AndyDandy

HSC
Wtf, so easy it felt like studying for physics was a waste of time, espec when chem in 3 days..

liv888

HSC
I had the same thought for acc, but the thing is was it said describing the entire thing and it's not just the earth that accelerates, moon does aswell. I think I threw marks on that Ke one, I just wrote velocities lmfao.
oh damn then I didn't read the full question, either way I was lost and just said A lmao... my ass still needs to study for chem ashjkhjsa

zakoht

HSC
oh damn then I didn't read the full question, either way I was lost and just said A lmao... my ass still needs to study for chem ashjkhjsa
Fr, about to cram so hard this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)