Physics HSC Predictions? (1 Viewer)

MJRey

HSC
Hmmm... there might be some Year 11 stuff that NESA might think most people have forgotten. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any thermodynamics questions in the previous HSCs, so they could possibly throw that in.

fx-100au-PlusII

HSC
Hmmm... there might be some Year 11 stuff that NESA might think most people have forgotten. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any thermodynamics questions in the previous HSCs, so they could possibly throw that in.
Hmmmm that's a valid possibility

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
fax

notme123

HSC
a lot of schools dont teach thermo in year 11 because it has little to no relevance in y12 and nesa probs knows this so they wouldnt.
usually the year 11 stuff they chuck in is like conservation of momentum ad newtons laws which arent covered in detail in y12.

MJRey

HSC
a lot of schools dont teach thermo in year 11 because it has little to no relevance in y12 and nesa probs knows this so they wouldnt.
usually the year 11 stuff they chuck in is like conservation of momentum ad newtons laws which arent covered in detail in y12.
Now you mention it, that's true. Well, I guess my teacher wasted our time in Yr 11 then... But yes, you're right about momentum and Newton's laws. That understanding is important for every Year 12 module. Momentum is particularly important for understanding the significance of the experiments leading to the discovery of the atom and especially for Einstein's Special Relativity.

MJRey

HSC
Now you mention it, that's true. Well, I guess my teacher wasted our time in Yr 11 then... But yes, you're right about momentum and Newton's laws. That understanding is important for every Year 12 module. Momentum is particularly important for understanding the significance of the experiments leading to the discovery of the atom and especially for Einstein's Special Relativity.
Correction: the discovery of protons and neutrons etc.

notme123

HSC
Correction: the discovery of protons and neutrons etc.
Spoilers for a 2019 hsc physics solution:
The very last question requires the conservation of momentum in a nuclear fission reaction so it isnt limited to the chadwick experiment unfortunately. It can catch you off guard if you dont expect it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)