Physics Independent Trials 09' (1 Viewer)

Lalala21

HSC
Since there is a CSSA thread, I may as well get this one started :).

So how was it? Easy? Any questions which troubled you? E.g. projectile motion calculations.

Discussss! :)

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
hey,
i did the independent trial on wednesday.
But the teacher cut out the option topic questions and added a couple more questions from the other topics. It was 2.5 hours for us.

Are there still people who have not completed trials?

That projectile question was a bit weird, most of the guys in my class didn't use the physics formulas for it.

Overall, it was not as complex as i thought it would be. There were a few of us who finished with 30-45 minutes to go although that might have been due to the fact that the option topic was not in it.

How did you find it?

Last edited:

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Was that the projectile question where u had to draw the graph? then work out flight time?

Im pretty sure i did that exam to. There was a 6 mark question at the end that was really stupid. had some shit about poetry...
I did the option topic however, my teacher just cut questions after the 3rd dot pt. The option was probably my best section.

Couldn't do the question with the satellite. Got the velocity but couldn't get much further.

Last edited:

meryemm23q

HSC
thinking about it noww. im having doubts..
see the thompson experiment in the paper.. that wasnt the charge to mass ratio experiment was itt???

untouchablecuz

HSC
see the thompson experiment in the paper.. that wasnt the charge to mass ratio experiment was itt???
i included it. the very fact that he calculated the charge to mass ratio indicated that cathode rays were infact composed of particles that possessed mass (the question however, didn't require the calculations he made and manipulation of equations).

i also talked about how he performed experiments demonstrating cathode ray deflection (when passing through an electric/magnetic field), with him hence concluding that cathode rays were composed of particles.

shady145

Banned
HSC
out of curiousity

what did you get?
lol just looking at it u posted 1 minute after i did, however i closed my window as soon as i posted XD. sorry for the wait. i got 88 =( after i saw some of my answers i wrote to the questions, i don't think i read the q's right the first time XD. 88 was the highest at my school. howd u go? also i think my option was altered becasue we havnt finished it

untouchablecuz

HSC
lol just looking at it u posted 1 minute after i did, however i closed my window as soon as i posted XD. sorry for the wait. i got 88 =( after i saw some of my answers i wrote to the questions, i don't think i read the q's right the first time XD. 88 was the highest at my school. howd u go? also i think my option was altered becasue we havnt finished it
as of today, 91/100

88's good, well done

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
my teacher wont give us our results back. i think we may have all done badly. because he mentioned that he'll give it back after exams..

oh no...
lol

luv2luvurmama

HSC
my teacher wont give us our results back. i think we may have all done badly. because he mentioned that he'll give it back after exams..

oh no...
lol
WTF was up with those gay model of light? thats not cathode rays is it?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
meryemm23q said:
i included it. the very fact that he calculated the charge to mass ratio indicated that cathode rays were infact composed of particles that possessed mass (the question however, didn't require the calculations he made and manipulation of equations).

i also talked about how he performed experiments demonstrating cathode ray deflection (when passing through an electric/magnetic field), with him hence concluding that cathode rays were composed of particles.
??
That whole experiment was Thomson finding the charge to mass ratio. Nothing else.

I completely screwed the hydrogen spectra experiment question. FML

abhi23

HSC
I got mine back today: 93.
Post up your marks when you get them. :)

How would you guys rate this exam in comparison to past HSC papers you've done?

shady145

Banned
HSC
I got mine back today: 93.
Post up your marks when you get them. :)

How would you guys rate this exam in comparison to past HSC papers you've done?
tbh ive havnt done any past HSC's before, but i thought it was average... nothing special

abhi23

HSC
yeh there weren't too many calculation questions.
Did you have the 6 or 7 mark question about contributions to the theory of light that Bragg was refering to in a quote?
I thought that was probably the hardest one in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)