Physics Olympiad (1 Viewer)

Pedro123

HSC
Hello All,

Just going into the physics olympiad in a couple of hours - and last-minute tips?

Thanks!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah my bad. I didn't see this.

How did you find it though?

Pedro123

HSC
Ah my bad. I didn't see this.

How did you find it though?
Pretty annoyed at how difficult I found it, seeing as I put in so much effort into studying for it. Wrote an answer for everything though...
The first momentum question was quite hard - understanding how each body was supposed to act and what was "Displacement" with relation to the moving chair was also quite difficult.
The water question was extremely easy - did that in a breeze.
I am realising my answer to the magnet question was probably wrong, so I buggered up on that.
The last question was just confusing because of the diagram. For those who didn't do it, it had a ball with a firm surface and a stretchy bit attacked to it (Like balloon rubber). It then said the ball was squeezed, and though it remained the same shape, the rubber bit made a bubble and expanded. That's all well and good, but the diagram showed the rubber bit attached to the outside of the ball, not part of the surface makeup itself. I still am yet to understand how a change in ball pressure should change anything to do with the rubber, assuming it is just on the outside of the ball itself. I may just be extremely dense and not understand it, but still...

Probably won't make the camp, pretty bummed about that, but thanks for replying in the end.

idkkdi

HSC
I found the short-answer much harder than usual as well. The multiple-choice was a breeze though. I somehow managed to muck up the water question lmao. That magnet question was quite unusual compared with the normal topics they test. I also managed to stone on the momentum question for like 45 minutes, so that's that. Wouldn't have had a very good solution to the magnet question either way. My guess is that entrance for camp will be quite a bit below previous years.

Considering how little effort I put in, my mark will probably reflect it.

I got next year though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)