Physics Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Hscbuzman

HSC
Anyone have a list of possible 7-9 markers? Just some questions to refer to.
These are very rough questions which I am re wording from trials which I have done (Assume they are all 9 markers):
1. How does Kepler's laws and knowledge of a satellites total energy help us know their orbital speed, location and period?
2. Explain the concept of electromagnetic induction with reference to at least two examples.
3. Explain how transformers work and discuss their limitations (and fixes to these limitations)
4. How are absorption/emission spectra produced and what can they tell us about transiontal and rotational velocity, temperature, chemical composition and density of a star?
5. Explain with reference to Maxwell how EMWs are formed
6. (Some quote on wave vs particle model of light) Discuss this quote with reference to the currently accepted model and experimental evidence for each model.
7. To what extent is Einstein's Theory of SR an example of the scientific model.
8. How has experiments and mathematics helped shaped our model of the atom?
9. Explore the evolution of the atom from the plum pudding to the current model.
10. How has technology helped us understand the Standard Model of Matter.
11. Examine the process of the Big Bang with reference to the evolution of stars.
12. Compare nuclear fission and fusion with reference to CNO, PP, E=mc and the types of decay.
13. Compare three types of circular motion
Again these are not how they are worded but what these ask are what they asked.

Sophie Heasman

HSC
These are very rough questions which I am re wording from trials which I have done (Assume they are all 9 markers):
1. How does Kepler's laws and knowledge of a satellites total energy help us know their orbital speed, location and period?
2. Explain the concept of electromagnetic induction with reference to at least two examples.
3. Explain how transformers work and discuss their limitations (and fixes to these limitations)
4. How are absorption/emission spectra produced and what can they tell us about transiontal and rotational velocity, temperature, chemical composition and density of a star?
6. (Some quote on wave vs particle model of light) Discuss this quote with reference to the currently accepted model and experimental evidence for each model.
7. To what extent is Einstein's Theory of SR an example of the scientific model.
9. Explore the evolution of the atom from the plum pudding to the current model.
11. Examine the process of the Big Bang with reference to the evolution of stars.
12. Compare nuclear fission and fusion with reference to CNO, PP, E=mc and the types of decay.
Thanks so so much. Have left Physics until post-chem for studying, and very much regret it.

ABBAS38

HSC
7 Marks: Explain how the analysis of quantitative observations contributed to the development of the concept that energy is quantised.
9 Marks: What is light? Explain how our understanding of light revolutionized our understanding of energy, space, time and matter, and ushered in the era of modern physics.
7 Marks: Explain how electrical power is generated and transmitted safely and efficiently.

akkjen

HSC
N/A
7 Marks: Explain how the analysis of quantitative observations contributed to the development of the concept that energy is quantised.
9 Marks: What is light? Explain how our understanding of light revolutionized our understanding of energy, space, time and matter, and ushered in the era of modern physics.
7 Marks: Explain how electrical power is generated and transmitted safely and efficiently.
do you have solutions for these, thanks

akkjen

HSC
N/A
what are three types of circular motion?

Skuxxgolfer

HSC
N/A
Hopefully, just like with the chemistry exam, this new syllabus physics exam will be more calculations oriented as opposed to waffling on about theory.
When you say the test involved more calculations, are we talking around 50% here, because that would be nice

Hscbuzman

HSC
seeing how you didn't provide any help, i guess it's not so "easy ass". :)
I mean its legit so easy. You can find velocity, period, radius all from the equations/laws. Gift of marks really

worldno17

HSC
N/A
I mean its legit so easy. You can find velocity, period, radius all from the equations/laws. Gift of marks really
kepler's laws though? do we just disregard the first two and only talk about the third? i don't see the relevance of the question to the first two kepler's laws.

(i'd also appreciate it if you weren't so arrogant, thanks.)

Hscbuzman

HSC
kepler's laws though? do we just disregard the first two and only talk about the third? i don't see the relevance of the question to the first two kepler's laws.

(i'd also appreciate it if you weren't so arrogant, thanks.)
Well if u direagard the first then the energy stuff falls apart. The second is useful aswell for extra deets. You really need to get back to the textbooks...

akkjen

HSC
N/A
Well if u direagard the first then the energy stuff falls apart. The second is useful aswell for extra deets. You really need to get back to the textbooks...
the first law "all planets move about the Sun in elliptical orbits" the energy stuff really falls apart huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)