Physics Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
If it'll make you feel better I had b44's '90's song "get down" stuck in my head. So whenever I encountered a problem I just imagined the physics paper getting 'down on me'... can't get worse than that. DO NOT LISTEN to '90's music before an exam, please DOONNNT!!

Arrowshaft

HSC
I keep forgetting that everyone on this forum is a state ranker lol. I felt like that this exam was really difficult, a lot harder than anything in the excel books and previous years... like wtf even was multiple choice I think I got like 10/20 for it lmao. But I think I did okay on everything else except the second last question :)
Also don't worry. looking at the general consensus, everyone was baffled by the paper. You've got this! :)

Husky

HSC
If it'll make you feel better I had b44's '90's song "get down" stuck in my head. So whenever I encountered a problem I just imagined the physics paper getting 'down on me'... can't get worse than that. DO NOT LISTEN to '90's music before an exam, please DOONNNT!!
Haha that does make me feel a little better thanks. Also thanks for the warning, I’ll be sure to avoid any 90’s music before any uni exams 😂

Balajanovski

HSC
Btw, what did everyone write for the experiments question? Just curious to see what people picked.

I wrote about Thomson's cathode ray experiment -> Shows that electrons are subatomic and fundamental.

I also wrote about the SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator) in 1969 which verified the existence of quarks. Showed that Murray Gellmann's hypothesis on quarks is not simply a useful way to break matter particles down into constituents, yet that quarks are actually real, physical, fundamental particles.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Btw, what did everyone write for the experiments question? Just curious to see what people picked.

I wrote about Thomson's cathode ray experiment -> Shows that electrons are subatomic and fundamental.

I also wrote about the SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator) in 1969 which verified the existence of quarks. Showed that Murray Gellmann's hypothesis on quarks is not simply a useful way to break matter particles down into constituents, yet that quarks are actually real, physical, fundamental particles.
I said for electrons: Davisson germer, Millikan, Thomson. and for Higgs Boson: 2012 CERN synchrotron

Arrowshaft

HSC

Ahhh back in the linear accelerator days. simpler times 😂

Balajanovski

HSC
I said for electrons: Davisson germer, Millikan, Thomson. and for Higgs Boson: 2012 CERN synchrotron
Good choices. How in depth did you go for the electron experiments? I went very in depth when I wrote about Thomson, doing all of the equation derivations and talking through the consequences of each step.

Qiaochu Chen

HSC

I put Davisson Germer showed electrons had wave-like properties. I also put the photoelectric effect experiment showing light had particle-like properties and that photons exist,

Arrowshaft

HSC
Good choices. How in depth did you go for the electron experiments? I went very in depth when I wrote about Thomson, doing all of the equation derivations and talking through the consequences of each step.
I went super in depth for all of them that I ended up writing twice as many lines as provided. I regret it though because I wasted too much time. I even talked about the details of the CRT and the process he used for the derivation. I wasted so much time - do not do what I did.

Balajanovski

HSC
I put Davisson Germer showed electrons had wave-like properties. I also put the photoelectric effect experiment showing light had particle-like properties and that photons exist,
Hey that's a clever choice. I didn't see that you could tie in the Nature of Light module by talking about photons (which are a part of the Standard Model).

Arrowshaft

HSC
That’s a good choice - photons.

StudyOnly

HSC
@Qiaochu Chen this is how I did it.
By resolving forces, we see that the centripetal force points inwards, and the bead experiences a downward acceleration.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
HAHAHAH, I got this.
However, I used it in the form of banked tracks cause I had no idea how to do it. LOL! Maybe a mark or two??? 😂
I did state the car was turning...if that matters

Arrowshaft

HSC
That moment when you see into the future and see a ground breaking experiment... during your HSC physics.
That moment when Higgs wrote about the Higgs Boson for his university thesis but got spanked by his university and then 50 years later...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)