Physics Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
what if there are only 2 people in a physics class (this is just a thought experiment)
person A is ranked first
person B is ranked second

in the hsc exams, person A absolutely bombs the exam and gets like 20%
person B gets 80%

won't person B's hsc mark be made up of his exam mark (80%) and the exam mark of 2nd place (20%)? that doesnt seem fair
rank 1 gets the highest exam mark as their internal, and rank last gets the lowest exam mark as their internal (WHERE POSSIBLE)

in this case, carrots is right and person A would be considered an outlier. person B would definitely not get 20 as their internal, unless their raw percentage gap was massive for their assessments

Retrodawn

HSC
@carrotsss what would happen if the person ranked second got like 94 and the person who was first got 80, but there was only like a 2 mark gap between internal marks, and assuming the rest of the class performs similarly in the exam as their internals, do you know what would happen to the moderated assessment mark of the person ranked second? would it be 80?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
@carrotsss what would happen if the person ranked second got like 94 and the person who was first got 80, but there was only like a 2 mark gap between internal marks, and assuming the rest of the class performs similarly in the exam as their internals, do you know what would happen to the moderated assessment mark of the person ranked second? would it be 80?
if there was only a 2 mark gap, rank 2nd would definitely not get a moderated assessment mark of 80, considering rank 1st would get a moderated assessment mark of 94.
the exact number would depend slightly on how everyone else performs, but it would be around 90-92 moderated assessment mark for rank 2nd, as they take into account the raw percentage gap between ranks.

Interdice

HSC
For question 34b, why do they give us the potential energy? I just subtracted total by potential. How much marks do you think they will give me?

Retarded trick question

jdene

HSC
Hey guys. Does anyone have the solution to the last question of 2023 HSC physics? Thanks

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I reproduced in latex the calculations for q34 faithfully to the handwritten one - regardless of mistakes and/or skipped steps.

I checked them with a calculator with values of G and ME as presented in the HSC exam data sheet and they seem to be correct.

But do you think it could be improved with more steps showing substitution of values?

Happy to do that later if you think it necessary.

Also if you use more accurate values of G and ME you actually get different answers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)