-Flux
-Magnetic force

bvuekwugawesdfv

HSC
How do you know what angle to use for
-Torque (in B field and normal troque)
-Flux
-Magnetic force
I think the angle for torque is the angle at which the force is applied. like the angle between the force vector and the surface
Flux is BAcostheta and the angle is between the perpendicular to the area and the direction of the magnetic field (this might be wrong)

p711

HSC
-Flux
-Magnetic force
Torque normal (angle between the force and the pivot point)
Flux, torque in b-field (angle between the b field and area vector)
magnetic force (if this is bilsintheta thingy then angle between the wire and the b-field)

carrotsss

HSC
-Flux
-Magnetic force
they way I like to think about it is by rotating the given angle to zero, and then figuring out if subbing in theta=0 provides an accurate result to what I know and then working from there. it’s definitely a weird method but more reliable than memorising each one or trying to visualise it other ways

esybeast

HSC
-Flux
-Magnetic force
i just break it down into the max component side and find the length of that side using trig. then sub into formula normally

Hudz777

HSC
good luck everyone, hopefully no one makes any silly mistakes like I did earlier !!
hopefully the test is filled with rlly hard calculations and no writing xx
( yes i know i got q5 math mc wrong but i promise i can do hard math )

BananaFingers

HSC
good luck everyone, hopefully no one makes any silly mistakes like I did earlier !!
FR I didn't study the history stuff enough :/

Hudz777

HSC
FR I didn't study the history stuff enough :/
haven’t really even looked at it. will go over it in the morning… a quick glance is enough to bs something in the exam if i have to
i planned to do so much physics study but ended up doing like 2 days.

bvuekwugawesdfv

HSC
but arent 9 marker written responses easier to bs than doing hard calculations

notme123

HSC
but arent 9 marker written responses easier to bs than doing hard calculations
no. theres no such thing as bs. everything you say needs to have purpose and meaning. you really need to know your theory well and use terminology correctly and where its relevant. if the marker doesnt see those buzzwords, youre not getting the marks. also you need to include calculations and formulas in the 9 markers depending on data given, also drawing graphs helps

Last edited:

Hudz777

HSC
no. theres no such thing as bs. everything you say needs to have purpose and meaning. you need to use terminology correctly and where its relevant. if the marker doesnt see those buzzwords, youre not getting the marks. also you need to include calculations and formulas in the 9 markers depending on data given, also drawing graphs helps
yeah, but we know the general idea, so you just fluff it and add a few calculations and formulas here and there..
i hate any writing over 4 marks

carrotsss

HSC
no. theres no such thing as bs. everything you say needs to have purpose and meaning. you really need to know your theory well and use terminology correctly and where its relevant. if the marker doesnt see those buzzwords, youre not getting the marks. also you need to include calculations and formulas in the 9 markers depending on data given, also drawing graphs helps
yeah a lot of people in my year assumed they could just fluff it for the extended responses in trials and just got completely stuffed by the marking criteria, like obviously fluff is better than nothing but u gotta know all the terminology and details expected to get full marks which is what makes them imo much harder than calcs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)