• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

nad1231231

HSC
For the guys who do extension 1 or 2 math, are we allowed to derive our own formulas for mechanics? As in do we have to use those suvat formulas or can we do the questions like projectile motion/resisted motion math problems. Because like I really don’t like using them idk why they would use s for displacement and u for v0 it’s just wack

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
For the guys who do extension 1 or 2 math, are we allowed to derive our own formulas for mechanics? As in do we have to use those suvat formulas or can we do the questions like projectile motion/resisted motion math problems. Because like I really don’t like using them idk why they would use s for displacement and u for v0 it’s just wack
They use s for displacement cause displacement can also be vertical y axis. x base y looks bizzare compared to s base y

nad1231231

HSC
They use s for displacement cause displacement can also be vertical y axis. x base y looks bizzare compared to s base y
yeah fair enough bro, just been using x and y a lot for my other subjects, it should be easy to start using the physics notations again. But I just would rather stick with what I have been practicing, but definitely wouldn't want to do it at the cost of lost marks.

sainzsgf

HSC
yeah fair enough bro, just been using x and y a lot for my other subjects, it should be easy to start using the physics notations again. But I just would rather stick with what I have been practicing, but definitely wouldn't want to do it at the cost of lost marks.
yeah stick with physics formulas, maybe you can use the ext 1 or 2 way to check but obviously don't write it on the booklet they scan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)