Physics: Projectile Motion Formulas :( (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
Whenever i get asked a question on projectile motions I tend to get the question wrong because i use the wrong formulas. For those who are doing, or have done and dusted physics. How did you learn the projectile motion formulas.

There are so many :'(

nightweaver066

HSC
Whenever i get asked a question on projectile motions I tend to get the question wrong because i use the wrong formulas. For those who are doing, or have done and dusted physics. How did you learn the projectile motion formulas.

There are so many :'(
A list i typed up on all the formulae you need for projectile motion.

As you do 2-unit maths, you won't go through the joy of deriving every formulae you use in physics projectile motion. You could read over it in a 3U textbook if you like as it may help your understanding, providing background knowledge aiding you in remembering those tricky equations.

If not, try your best to remember them.

When doing projectile motion questions, write out all the information you know and what the question is looking for.

Pick equations that can utilise the information you know to get you your desired result.

Trickier questions will require you to use 2 of those equations together simultaneously to solve for things such as angles of launch, initial vertical velocity and possibly more.

epicFAILx

HSC
A list i typed up on all the formulae you need for projectile motion.

As you do 2-unit maths, you won't go through the joy of deriving every formulae you use in physics projectile motion. You could read over it in a 3U textbook if you like as it may help your understanding, providing background knowledge aiding you in remembering those tricky equations.

If not, try your best to remember them.

When doing projectile motion questions, write out all the information you know and what the question is looking for.

Pick equations that can utilise the information you know to get you your desired result.

Trickier questions will require you to use 2 of those equations together simultaneously to solve for things such as angles of launch, initial vertical velocity and possibly more.
Thankyou for this. Would it also be useful (for me) to know what the letters stand for.. and their appropriate units

nightweaver066

HSC
Thankyou for this. Would it also be useful (for me) to know what the letters stand for.. and their appropriate units
Delta x means horizontal displacement (m)

u_x means initial horizontal velocity (m/s)

u means initial velocity (m/s)

theta means angle of projection/launch (degrees)

v_y means final vertical velocity (m/s)

u_y means initial vertical velocity (m/s)

a_y means acceleration in the vertical component (i.e. gravity) (m/s^2)

Delta y means vertical displacement (m)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you must know what all the symbols stand for and as always you should be very careful with your units (e.g. make sure its in seconds not minutes, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)