physics: regular or advanced??? (1 Viewer)

Prashanthy

j for johnny
in the purple-lined palace of sweet sin, where the
HSC
ok, i got my confirmation of enrollment yesterday, and i had originally decided to do physics regular for semester 1. but now i'm starting to think that i want to do physics advanced. I got a band 6 in HSC physics, but i'm not sure if uni physics is the same type of thing. would love some advice from someone who has done physics advanced, about whether its more difficult, or whether they cover the same things, just faster or something. thanx much.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Actually, Uni Physics is easier if you'e done ext2 maths. Much more calculations and problem solving, hardly any essay writing you've seen in HSC physics.

Given that you got a band 6, go for it. You can always change between levels within the first 4 weeks, so give it a go and see how you find it.

Prashanthy

j for johnny
in the purple-lined palace of sweet sin, where the
HSC
SeDaTeD said:
Actually, Uni Physics is easier if you'e done ext2 maths. Much more calculations and problem solving, hardly any essay writing you've seen in HSC physics.

Given that you got a band 6, go for it. You can always change between levels within the first 4 weeks, so give it a go and see how you find it.
ok, thanx a lot for that. u srsly relieved me. i hated the essay writing part of physics in the HSC. so good to know its not gonna make my life hell in uni.

Libbster

HSC
so am i screwed for adv physics because I only did 3 unit maths?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Don't think so, though 4u mechanics might be helpful if you can get access to a resource on it and learn it.

SeDaTeD

HSC
No you're not screwed, just that the mechanics sorta questions would be more familiar to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)