physics scaling (1 Viewer)

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Hey! So from the last two assessments my internal mark is about 52%, but my class ranking right now is about 4th/11. I don't know if physics is just too hard or everyone in my class is just dumb. I'm doing ok in my other subjects like adv maths, ext 1 maths, adv english, sor 1, business studies and legal studies. Should I drop physics?

hschelper01

HSC
Physics is one of those subjects that does scale well. However, it depends on a number of factors - like how your marks are, your rank internally AND how that compares other individuals in your class. Based off of what you've said, your internal mark of 52% and the fact that you're doing well in all of your other subjects, then I'd say drop it.

BUT, you should never really pick a subject just because it 'scales' well... If you enjoy physics, then keep it and practice the things you're struggling with in order to try to lift your mark by 5% every assessment.

I'd be happy to send you my notes if you want!

Hope it helps!

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Physics is one of those subjects that does scale well. However, it depends on a number of factors - like how your marks are, your rank internally AND how that compares other individuals in your class. Based off of what you've said, your internal mark of 52% and the fact that you're doing well in all of your other subjects, then I'd say drop it.

BUT, you should never really pick a subject just because it 'scales' well... If you enjoy physics, then keep it and practice the things you're struggling with in order to try to lift your mark by 5% every assessment.

I'd be happy to send you my notes if you want!

Hope it helps!
Yes please! Your notes would be so much help

hschelper01

HSC
This website might explain some concepts you're struggling with:

One of the moderators (jazz519) also made this google drive folder that might be of use:

Notes are attached - hope it helps! ✌ ✌

PM me if you need anything else !!

Attachments

idkkdi

HSC
This website might explain some concepts you're struggling with:

One of the moderators (jazz519) also made this google drive folder that might be of use:

Notes are attached - hope it helps! ✌ ✌

PM me if you need anything else !!
How did you get 98.80 Atar? Are those your external marks?

dumNerd

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)