Physics Textbooks (1 Viewer)

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
I have all the popular physics textbooks, and physics notes from top students but in my experience I found that Physics in Focus is the best resource.
Jacaranda is a good book but it has too much detail and the way it is structured is very annoying.
Physics in Focus is very well structured and explains each dot point very well.
I never ever studied from work sheets handed out by the teacher, I have thousands of sheets that I never touched.
Is it worth writing my own notes? Or should I use that time to do past papers instead?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I have all the popular physics textbooks, and physics notes from top students but in my experience I found that Physics in Focus is the best resource.
Jacaranda is a good book but it has too much detail and the way it is structured is very annoying.
Physics in Focus is very well structured and explains each dot point very well.
I never ever studied from work sheets handed out by the teacher, I have thousands of sheets that I never touched.
Is it worth writing my own notes? Or should I use that time to do past papers instead?
Too late to make notes, do past papers. Send me your top student notes? :p

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
But some people say that if you right ur own notes, u'll never forget them!
but at this stage past papers are the way to go.

Last edited:

nightweaver066

HSC
But some people say that if you right ur own notes, u'll never forget them!
but at this stage past papers are the way to go.
It's not that you'll never forget them, memory is another thing. It's understanding that's different.

If you can explain something in your own words, it shows that you do understand the concept.

That's why it's encouraged to explain concepts to others.

How do you find the In2Physics textbook? I hear it's good.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
It's not that you'll never forget them, memory is another thing. It's understanding that's different.

If you can explain something in your own words, it shows that you do understand the concept.

That's why it's encouraged to explain concepts to others.

How do you find the In2Physics textbook? I hear it's good.
true, so if you do past papers and answer them in ur own words that's just as good as writing ur own notes.
In2Physics is alright, i never use it, I find Physics in Focus to be extremely concise and very well structured as i already said so I just use that =)
I was planning on doing 2500 past papers before the HSC (all the past papers I have) and all I've done is about 10 for each subject :(
so before the HSC i'll probably get about 25 papers done for each subject.
During the trials I experienced the benefit of doing past papers, the trial paper feels like just another past paper so ur really familiar with it. but it is essential that all the theory/concepts is like second nature to u before u move on to doing past papers so u answer them in ur own words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)